Thanks for all the positive comments!
On the first picture you can see how the bike looked when it arrived

Let's have a closer look to the frame and the welds:

oh it's made by Litespeed :)

Welds are high quality as we expect from Litespeed

A closer look to the front

The Stem matches the headset perfectly, ok both parts are from Syncros :LOL:
More pictures will follow

Love it, very cool build :cool: :cool: :cool: welcome to RB and you are right about Parkpre, we have a few on the forum and more appearing every year. Don't know who is responsible for popularising the brand :roll:

Mr K if you want to know more about Parkpre try www.parkpre.com/history.htm

That's a superb-looking bike and a huge improvement over the way it was built up by the previous owner!

ParkPre is obviously a very good brand, and I can only assume that the slightly snooty attitude towards them resulted from an assumption that for a bike to be any good it had to have been built in North America and in the same factory it was designed in. You might think that as the ParkPre designers were excellent designers and as the frame was built by Litespeed, it would be enough to satisfy the most discerning connoisseur, but perhaps some discerning connoisseurs are half way up their own ass****s? Given that it was made by Litespeed, this frame is pretty much as good as it gets, surely?

I always thought of Parkpre as a little goofy...sort of like the retarded child of Univega and KHS, but that bike looks wonderful. You did a masterful job. :cool:

Parkpre Goofy :LOL: that's just the owners. I have always found the percieved image of Parkpre a liitle strange. In the US they had the image of selling good quality bikes that under-cut the mainstream brands in price but out-performed them on the trails and mag reviews. Where as, in Europe the brand was not widely distributed, everyone had heard of them but very few got to ride one. I was very lucky, I knew the UK distributors through where I work, they made me an offer I could not refuse and I was hooked on Parkpre.

Thank you for the mag scan :D May I borrow the images to include on the parkpre.com website? I am always looking for magazine reviews to put onto the website

@ REKIBorter
As I already said in the other thread, feel free to use them for your website!

The last 2 pictures of the Parkpre

That's it, thanks again for the nice comments. I'll be back next year with another bike.

You, me, Reki and the long-disappeared and disgraced VitorZip makes 4.

Made by Litespeed?

Totally confused now. Can't see any difference on your frame to my 95 one....

Back