charity 'paper clip' bike

hoegaardenadds1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i thought about this about a year ago but with the mazda man fiasco i shelved it until a more appropriate time.

a few years ago there was a news story about a chap in america who swapped a paper clip for a house, through loads of swaps e.g.
a paper clip for a mug, a mug for an umbrella etc etc

the premise being to see if, without spending any cash, we could swap a seemingly worthless bit of biking gear, for a slightly less worthless bit of bike gear and so on. this would go on untill we had a whole bike, which would then be auctioned off, either on here as a 'blind auction' or on ebay. my suggestion would be that john holds onto the bike, and all money goes to a related charity.

so what a peoples thoughts?

my opening gambit would be a brand new GT idrive suspension pre load checker! :D

good one! i already have a preload checker but might be willing to swap for something else....

I think this is a great idea. :D

Although we may be going round in circles for years just swapping mid priced components!!

You may need some kind of scale or direction ie.. Brake block=brake arms=brakes complete = nice bars=stem= lightspeed!!

Well you get the idea! :roll:

I remember that news story. quite some time ago. Knowing my luck i'd end up with a full suser or some other rubbish :LOL:

Although we may be going round in circles for years just swapping mid priced components!!

You may need some kind of scale or direction ie.. Brake block=brake arms=brakes complete = nice bars=stem= lightspeed!!

Well you get the idea! :roll:[/quote]

makes sense... so if i had a tyre i'd swap for a tyre and a tube, then a tyre tube and a wheel, etc

I'll start off with a cable end cap............was savin' it as a basis for my next build, but I'm willin' to forego it for a good cause :p

ok so chris needs to post lysander a cable and end and lysander needs to send chris a cable end :D

next: who will swap chris677 a pair of brakes and a cable, for a cable and end?

Back