Coolwall - Thumbshifters

Coolwall - Thumbshifters

• cool

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
kaiser":laf1m7e1 said:
If any component captured retro and is accepted across the board it would have to be thumbies, cool :cool:

So correct. (fav XC Pro :cool: )

lewis1641":2fqfjb2k said:
sure this should be a question of how cool they are, not if they are cool or not.

Cooler than Steve McQueen bathing in liquid Nitrogen IMO :cool:

kaiser":2qdaofg5 said:
If any component captured retro and is accepted across the board it would have to be thumbies, cool :cool:

Agree but too many people use them to be cool ;)

So cool it has frozen my giblets....Find they are a joy to use and easy to set up and they look the danglers, love em this has to be a white wash for coolness :LOL:

This might not take long to decide.

I think some qualification is necessary:

Deore XT 7/8s - coolest thumbies made - perfect combination of form function.

XC-Pro - XT's skinny slightly flaky younger brother - cool, but you wouldn't leave them alone with your wife.

Deore (often erroneously called 'DX') thumbies - cool in function, held back from total coolness by cheap rust-prone pressed steel mounts.

All cheap, mainly plastic, Shimano or no-name thumbies - slightly cool because they actually work better than all cheap plastic gripshift/rapidfire clones.

Paul & D-A/Ultegra combo - cool in function, but always seem like an (expensive) bodge to me - obviously your only choice for 9/10 speed drivetrains (not retro anyhow) - unless you are happy running friction.

Back