1996 Kona Hot

Aaldert":17dpwnzv said:
Thanks! I bought a cable stop from a guy in this forum, but it is a little too tight. It fits perfect on my '97 Hahanna though. Only that frame has a standard cable stop. I think the size is 28,6 mm.

Does your cable stop fit tight or is there some space?

My cable stop is a snug fit, not too tight though. I used a front mech to make sure I was ordering the right size.
If you need to order a larger one, maybe you could use a shim off a front mech to make it fit? Other than that, file down the cable stop that you already have ;)

Cheers, Pat

iveto1983":3udai7vn said:
Other than that, file down the cable stop that you already have ;)

Off course! What a clever idea. It is so simple I never had thought of that.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Aaldert

Aaldert":2ov2xqmo said:
iveto1983":2ov2xqmo said:
Other than that, file down the cable stop that you already have ;)

Off course! What a clever idea. It is so simple I never had thought of that.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Aaldert

No problem.
I'm glad I could help. :D

Pat

Tallpaul":2iurq1xi said:
:LOL:

It would appear that you and I share similar tastes in frames!

Long before I bought mine, I actually tried to buy yours from its original owner. He had listed it on eBay with a set of Rock Shox Judy's that were customed painted to match. He claimed to have raced as a Kona sponsored rider and bought this direct from them, I have some photo's on my Macbook at home which I can send you if you like?

Here's mine, these are the only two 'Stars & Bars' Hot's I'm aware of in the UK, but I have seen photo's of a couple more from the US. I've no idea how many were actually sold in this colourway. I've seen a Kona cruiser-type frame painted this way, and once saw a set of P2's painted to match, but they never resurfaced after they were sold :(

DSC00511.jpg

Didn't know there were only 2 of these in the country Paul or else i wouldn't have sold it to you ;)

The P2 forks you mention were actually on your bike. Can't remember who i sold them to though.

Both stunning machines and yours is number HT123 so was made not long after Mr Ivetos'

haggis":1bioozr4 said:
The P2 forks you mention were actually on your bike. Can't remember who i sold them to though.

Why did you sell them? :shock:

On the subject of UK Stars and Bars Hot's, Mousemat has actually had two (one being the subject of this thread). Does he still own his 1997?

kona_hot_100.jpg

Here's a stars and bars A'Ha:

P1010140v2.jpg

Here's a Ku, too:

pic7_31.jpg

Tallpaul":25g4kthp said:
haggis":25g4kthp said:

Why did you sell them? :shock:

On the subject of UK Stars and Bars Hot's, Mousemat has actually had two (one being the subject of this thread). Does he still own his 1997?

kona_hot_100.jpg

Here's a stars and bars A'Ha:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_um1hrO-

n1xc/SovJtFiMMwI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/A8sLH38qrjs/P1010140v2.jpg

Here's a Ku, too:

pic7_31.jpg

I have no idea now why i sold them :roll: I had the Judy FSX on the bike i guess and so thought i wouldn't need them.

Tallpaul":37tlaryw said:

kona_hot_100.jpg

Alas no, I don't have either of the Stars & Bars Hot's any more. I did own the one that is the subject of this thread, I bought it off Konamad and then sold it back to him again. The 97 (pictured in my gutted kitchen during renovations) above went to another forum member in Oz. I now have a 1993 Teesdale built Hot which is heading off for a respray next week.

Thanks for all the pics/info guys. :D
I love seeing old photos of my bikes.
mousemat, did you build the frame up, any pics?
haggis, have you any pics of Tallpaul's bike when you had it? Any pics of the p2s?

Cheers,
Pat

Back