1995 Fat Chance Titanium

Dr S":15r7c7xf said:
After I posted up I got to thinking too, so started to look for the things I had read some time back. Luckily there is a new thread on FatCogs on this very subject and it looks like I have my wires crossed. BOI is indeed one inch and the earlier Yo fork is 1.125 or 1 1/8th.
So, what I have here is a Yo Eddy fork not the BOI, but this fork is longer than the Yo fork on my Yo- I guess its suspension corrected? But the Yo fork was supposedly pre 93 and I would have thought that FAT didn't do suspenion corrected forks before the end of 92- hence my confusion. Needs more looking into methinks. :?

ok, you had me going back and rechecking...I would rather have been mistaken, than claim you were mistaken on your own build thread :LOL:

we'll get to the bottom of this yet :)

Stunning bike! For me the Fat Chance Ti is the ultimate bike, especially if it's such a nice build like yours. The fork matches the frame perfectly!

Cheers Guys.
Today I got the cranks through and gave them a good clean up and fitted new decals- turned out quite nice!. Sorry for the rubbish pic but its dark out and i only have my phone camera.

Just the canti studs to fit to the fork. Turns out they were 5/16UNC- 18TPI. Got a pair on the way from Germany now.

Big thanks to Jezza for the cranks ;) ;)

4286267898_211a778368_o.jpg

GoldenEraMTB":8xjenflu said:
Dr S":8xjenflu said:
Its a funny one Rob. From what I have read (and I'm sure some fat expert like Scant or Rody will correct me if I'm wrong) the segmented fork made proir to approx 1992 was known as the the Yo Eddy fork (obviously there was also the Box Crown Fork in the mid 80's) of which the legs have a dia of one inch. The BOI (Big One Inch), which is sometimes confusingly refered in catalogues as Yo Eddy Big One Inch had a leg dia of 1 1/8th (irrespective of steerer dia). So it is not physically one inch but a big inch if you get the joke.
There is much debate as to which one rides nicest. I have both and cannot tell the difference TBH.

hmmm, I don't doubt you know your stuff, Si, and this has been written up in many a forum and by many an expert, so I'm sure we are reading the same stuff...perhaps I'm confused...I'll check back later. Plus I'll post mine up, but not here as to not hijack your Fat Ti thread; thanks.

Hi Si,

my thread with my forks, comparing and contrasting the FCC offerings is now up; check it out when you have a chance:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86330

Back