Bontrager Ti-Lite seatpost size ??

Sorry guys, its an addition, kindly welded on by a Paul Donohue about 3 years ago

He was an excellent frame builder in the North East of England with an excellent reputation for quality steel and Ti frames, sadly he closed his doors to frame building about 2 years ago.

Again the 95 catalogue decals are a little odd, I have seen around 5 Ti-lite frames and they have always had the mid blue text and black paw print in a cut vinyl rather than a printed version as the other decal sets are.

I have attached a couple of photos of the disc mount and will post the decal set later

Attachments

• IMG_1879a.jpg
    IMG_1879a.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 2,013
  • IMG_1882a.jpg
    IMG_1882a.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2,013
Here's the only decal set I have actually seen on a standard production bike ~ as always I got my colours round the wrong way in my earlier posts :oops:

The Original ones were a black print on a dark blue vinyl, a bit strange, you sometimes get rub marks and the dark blue will show through the black over print on the Downtube decals

Attachments

• Bonty Ti-lite.JPG
    Bonty Ti-lite.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 2,010
Gil,

Thans for sharing the info on the bike, that is really a special ride you have there. Nice welding job by Paul Donohue...looks like she came that way stock. My Brother-in-law has been doing a frame building apprenticeship with James at Black Sheep bikes in Ft. Collins Colorado.

www.blacksheepbikes.com

They do a lot of cool ti frames and perhaps he could do something for my Ti-Lite like Paul did for yours. If I get enough money to check into that fantasy, do you mind if I use your pic for an example?

I really like that decal set Gil! I have never had any decals made, can you just take the images and have a decal place make them?

Thanks again man...great info!
:)
Jeff

Ooooh I do Like Ti-Lites - but unfortunatley for me all bonty's just dont work for me... the mediums always feel small and the large is too large.

Beautyfull bikes but not for want of trying... not for me :(

But I like looking :cool:

Jeff,

Drop me a PM with you address details and I will pop a set in the post

As for getting decals made ~ it's my job :D

Back