The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bazil":3cugu1n8 said:
Right, here it is:

fsr.jpg

It is missing a chain.
Bloody hell! Look at the negative bb drop on that! No offence Baz, but that's what I call a personal build, which usually doesn't add up to the selling price you'd like. It's a 1998 Ground Control Extreme frame, designed for 4" of travel front and rear and you've casually dosed it up to 8". I'm not saying it doesn't work, I wouldn't know, may well be it does, but my guess is that most people who might want those forks don't want a 1998 frame. And vice versa.

Looks to me like a classic case of sell it part by part, or get half as much or less if you sell it as a complete bike.

I'd guess you might get £200 for the Boxxer on eBay if in good condition and not needing a service, depending what model it is, the wheels might raise £80-100, the frame not much even though it's looking quite smart - depends on the condition of the shock/bushes/when serviced, but less than £100, the disc brake I don't know but must be £50+, and the other bits would all chip in with useful bits of money if sold separately.

And this isn't a good time of year to be selling incidentally!

delboy009":3u7ymegs said:
coomber":3u7ymegs said:
delboy009

I was watching a Rocky Mountain Hammer like that on ebay (UK) this week and it went for £140 plus postage, similar to yours with DX kit and in tidy condition. Looked really tidy.

Good luck with the sale.

Blimey :( Thought it may have been worth a lil bit more than that !! Paid £300 for it last year from a fella on here.... Im still happy with it for that though as it is minty but ill keep it if only worth half now !!

Cheers for that tho fella. Ebay always gives a close idea of values I guess !!

;)

Well the seat and post will add up quite a bit for your bike.

May be best to part it if you want the most, looks small though and the ebay advert was not the best so came in at what I would say a good price for the bike advert.
All depends on who is watching at the time and with that advert you cannot guarantee the condition of the components, you may get more as a private sale on here as the history is known.

It's a low end rocky, and like low end Kona's when built up never seem to sell for a lot. In parts Kona frames seem to get more money that they should, cannot see why the Hammer frame shouldn't do similar, it is after all a better bike ;)

FluffyChicken":kwpqogcu said:
May be best to part it if you want the most, looks small though and the ebay advert was not the best so came in at what I would say a good price for the bike advert.
All depends on who is watching at the time and with that advert you cannot guarantee the condition of the components, you may get more as a private sale on here as the history is known.

It's a low end rocky, and like low end Kona's when built up never seem to sell for a lot. In parts Kona frames seem to get more money that they should, cannot see why the Hammer frame shouldn't do similar, it is after all a better bike ;)
Never mind Fluffy Chicken, life isn't always fair!

People used to place greater value on frames in those days than they do now, so a Hammer used to cost about a third more than a Cinder Cone because it was made in Canada and it was made of Ritchey Logic. The result of being more expensive is that they never sold many so lots of people have never heard of them. Also there's any number of people that used to have a Cinder Cone and regret ever selling it and are now on the lookout to get one again. You can't say that about RM Hammers because few people ever had one in the first place.

Having said that, I don't think an auction on Jan 4 with poor pictures is going to establish the value of a bike. The 93 Hammer could have made £200 on here later in the year. I think Delboy's 92 bike is worth more, as it is visibly in good condition, although perhaps not £300.

Anthony":3tt5956d said:
FluffyChicken":3tt5956d said:

Never mind Fluffy Chicken, life isn't always fair!

People used to place greater value on frames in those days than they do now, so a Hammer used to cost about a third more than a Cinder Cone because it was made in Canada and it was made of Ritchey Logic. The result of being more expensive is that they never sold many so lots of people have never heard of them. Also there's any number of people that used to have a Cinder Cone and regret ever selling it and are now on the lookout to get one again. You can't say that about RM Hammers because few people ever had one in the first place.

Having said that, I don't think an auction on Jan 4 with poor pictures is going to establish the value of a bike. The 93 Hammer could have made £200 on here later in the year. I think Delboy's 92 bike is worth more, as it is visibly in good condition, although perhaps not £300.

Fair comments guys...

It does ride well after all so perhaps ill best keep it !!

Going back to the Bontrager tho guys. What do you reckon price wise on that ???

Attachments

• ret.jpg
    ret.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,113
Hi my friend has recently stripped down his Marin shoreline trail to transfer his parts onto a longer travel frame

He has asked me to try and sell the frame for him.

It is the 1999 modal. Red front triangle silver swing arm.
Offer 5” of travel. 17.5” frame.

Does included Shockworks rear shock, marin seat collar and outland black seatpost.

Good condition frame. He seems to have around £80 to £100 in his mind. Im thinking more £60 to.

What does anyone else think?

delboy009":pe3ic84i said:
coomber":pe3ic84i said:
delboy009

I was watching a Rocky Mountain Hammer like that on ebay (UK) this week and it went for £140 plus postage, similar to yours with DX kit and in tidy condition. Looked really tidy.

Good luck with the sale.

Blimey :( Thought it may have been worth a lil bit more than that !! Paid £300 for it last year from a fella on here.... Im still happy with it for that though as it is minty but ill keep it if only worth half now !!

;)

This was pick up only. Personally I thought it was a bargain but too far for me to pick up. I would say it was definately worth more.

Bernie":396qx9yg said:
Have a set of red magura HS33.

bikestuff068.jpg

They need pads and the rear one needs a bleed, thoughts?
Thanks

Bernie

I would think they are worth around £50 mate,
I cant remember if they are the Tomac edition ones so maybe slightly more.

Gc

coomber":2577ijei said:
delboy009":2577ijei said:
coomber":2577ijei said:
delboy009

Good luck with the sale.

;)

This was pick up only. Personally I thought it was a bargain but too far for me to pick up. I would say it was definately worth more.

True, "pick up only" auctions most always go for less.

Delboy noooooooooooo :shock:

Sell it back to me.

It's about the only one I really regret selling ;)

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back