* Dunkeld * Macretro Official Ride* Sat 30th Jan 2010

RobMac":2eppxdue said:
clockworkgazz":2eppxdue said:
so will we get a non macretro punter on this one or will I be proven wrong ;)

You's girls OK with that, I hope your not intimidated with my credetials ;)

RM
Don't think he was meaning you Rob - I think what Gazz is getting at is this... Will we get anyone to come up for this from south of the border? Dunkeld is a UK wide retrobike ride (rather than just one of our wee cosy macretro jaunts), the idea being to attract some Englundlanders up.

Credentials! What credentials?

Scottish MTB Wipe Out Champion 1990-95. :LOL:

I must say now and again I forget that the Retro Bike thing is nation wide not just north of the border, its the MacRetro name that throws me ;)

RobMac":egh8bhrd said:

Scottish MTB Wipe Out Champion 1990-95. :LOL:
Always happy to have another crasher in the group, just don't ride too close to either me or Velo and we should all be fine :LOL:

The Ken":3ip9tjdb said:
A very provisional list of attendees... If I have missed anyone let me know and I understand if people change their minds because of the road conditions.

Me
Zigzag
Kaiser
Velo
Gaz
JamieDyer
Mr Panda
RobMac

I'll be there, did'nt crash my brains out enough the last time, will try harder this time :LOL:

zigzag":1t5637mf said:
RobMac":1t5637mf said:
clockworkgazz":1t5637mf said:
so will we get a non macretro punter on this one or will I be proven wrong ;)

You's girls OK with that, I hope your not intimidated with my credetials ;)

RM
Don't think he was meaning you Rob - I think what Gazz is getting at is this... Will we get anyone to come up for this from south of the border? Dunkeld is a UK wide retrobike ride (rather than just one of our wee cosy macretro jaunts), the idea being to attract some Englundlanders up.

in a nut-shell yeah still not convinced that a big meet will entice the barbarians to venture north (NE nut jobs excluded).

Think Dunkers in January was always going to be a bit of a stretch anyroads.

I think I always expected Dunkeld to be Scotland only, because of the short daylight hours and the fact it is a fairly short run.

The point of the calendar is as much to get people riding more from within the area as elsewhere. Retrobike are simply trying to expand on the bigger meets along side this, not change the way Macretro has done stuff. We had and have a good thing going, they just wanted that to spread to the other areas.

I think this strategy has worked even for us as we have a few new members and riders in our ranks.

Back