* Dunkeld * Macretro Official Ride* Sat 30th Jan 2010

zigzag":x6vyydjd said:
kaiser":x6vyydjd said:
If I can get a pass I'll be singlespeeding :twisted: modern
The kona 29'er?

Yes, got the rear hub yesterday, so all major expense has been dealt with. Need to buy spokes and build the wheels, tinker with the brakes and tally ho :D Wheels are a quite juicy hope disc hubs/ dt swiss 470 rims and I'll probably go DT comp spokes, not sure about rev's on the big wheel. Some nice maxxis ardent tyres too.

kaiser":277ivwzw said:
Davedownhill":277ivwzw said:
Just to say the singletrack return between Ordie and the Glack is being turned into a motorway as we speak and the last section is a lorry wide mudbath now. hopefully they won't get too far up the trail by then but the plan is to widen it all the way to the loch...

Do you know if the trail at Drumbuie wood is ok?
modern

As far as I know, there were no signs that way, but didn't ride it...

I'll be back

In the words of Arnie 'I'll be back'

Wouldnt miss this for anything. Probably be back on old faithful for it as well.
Loved it last year and hopefully have a good turnout again, should be a larf and it will be great to catch up with everyone.
As an aside, is anyone racing either singlespeed UK 2010 or the European singlespeed champs in England? The Euro suites me as its in the couple of months I get to myself as once June comes I am back to seven days with only sporadic days off.
I will try to be more active on the thread as hopefully things will ease in the new year. Been manic lately and only getting in late afternoon for and hour or so and then back out into it till all hours. Just heading back out to work in a minute.
So dont think I've forgotten the clan, just cant always get time to join in.
And to our new member on Orkney, if you fancy a lift to one of the runs to save bringing the car over, I am near Dunnet so can meet you off the Scrabster or Gilles Ferry.
Cheers
Jamie

Thanks Jamie, that's a great offer and I hope to take you up on it sometime- makes a lot of sense to halve the costs and carbon footprint too.

Cheers
Steven

Be good to see you Jamie.

Also I'm booked up to do SSEC10 so if your coming I'll see you there, other retrobikers are there also such as Gil_M and Ed Edwards.

I'm still keeping the exact route of this ride "fluid" because of the current weather conditions.

MBR listed a ride on the other side of the A9 as one of the best but at this time of year I'd rather have an area I'm familiar with in case the weather closes in.

I will try to get up there the week before but I'm hoping the mud bath will remain frozen as it was last year- as that was half the fun. If anyone has a chance to check it out let me know what it is like.

A very provisional list of attendees... If I have missed anyone let me know and I understand if people change their minds because of the road conditions.

Me
Zigzag
Kaiser
Velo
Gaz
JamieDyer
Mr Panda
RobMac

Back