Meeting of the great northland clans?

Davedownhill":qagp30om said:
velomaniac":qagp30om said:
One thing I've learned is anything DaveDH says is at the very least downright untrue.

Was I or was I not vindicated over the GT Black?!?!?! :LOL:

In other news, have ordered the wedding ring today, unfortunately there is no such thing as a Shimano XTR ring, nor do Intense, Ringle, Fat or Nicolai produce such a thing. Titanium inlaid with carbon can however, be found...

ha ha cut up a section of an old xlite bar end, could make 20 nrings for that ;)

clockworkgazz":2btsyei1 said:
Davedownhill":2btsyei1 said:
velomaniac":2btsyei1 said:
One thing I've learned is anything DaveDH says is at the very least downright untrue.

Was I or was I not vindicated over the GT Black?!?!?! :LOL:

In other news, have ordered the wedding ring today, unfortunately there is no such thing as a Shimano XTR ring, nor do Intense, Ringle, Fat or Nicolai produce such a thing. Titanium inlaid with carbon can however, be found...

ha ha cut up a section of an old xlite bar end, could make 20 nrings for that ;)

Bugger, never thought of that...

Velo just go, theres plenty to do. The black doesn't start for quite a bit so folks can bail and finish the red or if their feeling good go on to the black.I'm sure theres low level stuff around the cafe too.

The Ken":1akkiplo said:
Dave - Kaiser keeps going on about his big ring, maybe you could borrow that to put on your finger.

Steady sailor, it would very very unwise to put your finger near my big ring. I would keeel you. Feeling the power is NOT about touching, more witnessing its awesomeness.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for this one and say i can make it. Done it myself 3 times now i think and it is pretty cool. McMoab is outstanding and will def knock a few people off including myself. I actually found it harder on McMoab on my full sus than on my hardtail as its slow going and when i needed to put the power down and the back end soaked it up i keeled over and smashed my knee. Not good but excellent at the same time :D

Looked at the Kirroughtree web page and still afraid of the black, also afraid of the red :roll:

Like the look of the blue though so I could maybe do a few laps of that whilst waiting for the wounded to return :LOL:

velomaniac":1fkec43h said:
Looked at the Kirroughtree web page and still afraid of the black, also afraid of the red :roll:

Like the look of the blue though so I could maybe do a few laps of that whilst waiting for the wounded to return :LOL:

The reds fine V, I'm probably over exaggerating the difficulty. When I went it was my first ride back after a big off and the bottle had gone a bit. Big bit:shock:

march oot

I would have contemplated this as a vehicle with which to purvey my Fifeness and all other things Fifey upon all you unsuspecting normal people, but alas, I know that I will be required to work the morning of the 27th.
(Phew, close call that). :D

Back