And today I did......

Done bugger all today, except order new stainless steel exhausts for the Capri, £470 :shock: , should last a while though, made ammends buy ordering a few bits for the Clockwork and sorting out the bits i have for it already so going to crack on with that next, may try and drag myself up the Braes for a bit tomorrow.

Achieved small stuff today, finally got a seatpost shim for the Dahon 31.6mm :shock: what does that achieve over the good old 27.2mm seatpost, modern bikes :roll: Any ways built up as a mtb fixie and road to and from the shops, no alarming creaks from the hinge and thus appreciative of the thought these taiwanese folding bike engineers have put in.

Found what I hope will be a comfortable stem for the White Lightning. That bike absolutely glows in the snow, bring dark glasses to Dunkeld boys, you'll need them.

Also got a third hand second hand.............thats one of those tools for holding your cantilever brakes against the rim whilst you adjust them, not a prosthetic hand :LOL: A the joys of the bike station, a stem, a tool and some brake levers for £3 :D

Found time to swap a few bits over onto my daughter's C16R. Unfortunately she has appalling taste with regard to colour. Dark Green. Bright Orange. Red Anno. Blue Anno. Silver. :D

Mind you she does actually use the bike well so I'm not complaining.

Picked up the Hardrock's repaired/trued wheels from Lithgae Cycles in Linlithgow. Good price, wheels look good and the guy was fast too. Then went for a walk on the ice on Linlithgow loch out to one of the wee islands with nervous daughter - twas very funky.

Going to try the Pentlands tomorrow I think, probably take the iDrivel, am liking the bouncy rear in the snow.

Went for a bimble up the local woods instead of the Pentlands for an hour or so. Was no bad, followed a couple of interesting looking trails, only had to turn back once because of snow. And it was still almost light at 4.15 when I was cleaning the bike :D

nice one no ride for me as I'm online doing mortgage exams only one thing more sole destroying and that is getting driving instructions from kaiser/jimi to dunkeld ;)

Gaz, I must admit of all the ways of earning a living out there, I would least like to do yours, a combination of maths, the law, admin and remaining helpful and polite to the eejit public. For me an utter nightmare, I'll stick to guddling about in manure :LOL:

Been looking for somewhere to print a T-shirt for Velo, to read "Dave was right about the Glentress Black", which must be worn to every RB meet for a year...

Latest posts

Back