Horrible

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well yesterday was the Sussex Meet - became mini meet - became micro meet -became mono meet (!) And it was horrible out there.

I actually think I saw my upper arms turn blue after being shocked how pink they were going as I headed up over the top of the very exposed South Downs against the wind and rain, before I could get to a point to stop and adorn Gore-Tex.

Horrible. Think I cought a cold too. But as ever - the best ride I ever did.

Anyone else go out and enjoy themselves/ have a miserable time/ catch a cold! ?

:D

Hi Gus
I was out there yesterday - usual Sunday (but it was Monday) 7am start and 2 hour loop on the Chilterns. Unusually i saw NO other MTB'ers (fair weather cyclists in Bedfordshire!) no horses (fantastic!) and very few dogs (even better - especially after being attached by a dalmation last time out)

It was very cold, very very wet - it rained from the moment i left the house to the moment i returned, all my usual climbs and descents were rivers -and the wind was bitter! But you know what - I loved it! Being out there, just me and baby K against the trails and the elements. "Best ride ever!"
MCK

Hey Kev,

It was one of those horrid days where it's just right to be running simple rigid forks and thin tyres and just plod on through it all. Smple is best sometimes.

Yeah no one else anywhere. Perfect.

Yep went for a 4-man training road ride in the wet and cold yesterday, had great fun :)

I didn't miss the mud though :p

Wu-Tangled said:
It was one of those horrid days where it's just right to be running simple rigid forks and thin tyres and just plod on through it all.
I was trying out the appropriately named Maxxis Swamp Things (2.35") for the first time and they really saved my bacon on some descents!

I've now got the bike down to two modes.

a) RC31's and Fire XC 1.8's when I ride alone

b) SID's and 2.1 Explorers for group rides.

That's it. Only two tyre changes - not bad for Mr Benn huh?

:roll:

Back