Kona Explosif

Jonnyboy":a6wsum1w said:
Thank you all for the positive comments & fluffy for your good advice about the rings etc, hadnt noticed that :oops: .
Im pretty new to this & am more used to building BMX's
Ive still got lots of adjustments to do to get it right, there's a frayed gear cable etc & yes i do have some more purple cable ends to put on :D
Also i have a pair of Campag rims to lace the hubs to so its not quite finished yet :cool:

Keep on tweaking as you ride, it takes a while to bed in and then set to how you like it to feel.

May be interested in the front rim if it's going and what I think it is ;) Means I could get rid of my worn one of the same easily :) or make a matching pair, lol.

Oh and M737 cassette are a better bet then M900 cassette's, first they don't fall to pieces :roll: , second cheaper and probably easier to get hold off and you get teh 11 tooth. But you will more than likely need to a a thin shim ~0.5/1mm, I havn't but over the years the freehub has cracked.

Very nice indeed.

One little thing - my pet niggle. It looks as though you've got your brakes paired up incorrectly. The M900 cantis are front-rear specific. Look at the length of the cutouts in the arms - long for the front, short for the rear. You've clearly got one front and one rear mounted at the back - I hope you've got the same discrepancy at the front.

Also, the pads are supposed to be set up long end leading on the front wheel, and long end trailing at the rear - if you go by Shimano's recommendation.

http://members.home.nl/children-of-the-korn/XTR900.htm

one-eyed_jim":18o7qryp said:
Very nice indeed.

One little thing - my pet niggle. It looks as though you've got your brakes paired up incorrectly. The M900 cantis are front-rear specific. Look at the length of the cutouts in the arms - long for the front, short for the rear. You've clearly got one front and one rear mounted at the back - I hope you've got the same discrepancy at the front.

Also, the pads are supposed to be set up long end leading on the front wheel, and long end trailing at the rear - if you go by Shimano's recommendation.

http://members.home.nl/children-of-the-korn/XTR900.htm

lol, never noticed that ..........Will get it sorted, cheers !

Lovely build

I'm with the grips and stem....Syncros stuff always seems to sit well on Konas

Back