Coolwall - Marin

Marin - Cool or Uncool?

• Cool

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
i kinda think that back in 93 they really were not cool but looking back they do look cool now. does that make sense?

First titanium marin, or first FRS with manitou are cool.
But, it's like a lot of brand. They were cool,… before the mid of 90ies

modern mtb is boring and toooooo serious.

So, we talk about retrobike, and the answer for me : retrobike marin were cool.

Scrat":328xo0di said:
I don't think anyone has ever come up to me and cried "Oh my god it THAT a marin?!?!?!"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Now THAT'S the truth
Yet i think Marin will make it to the cool side of the cinderpath

For me, the cool Marins were the rigid ones, suspension forks looked wrong on the skinny tubes, then they firmly closed the gates of cool with their double susp ones. Given this is supposedly retro, I´m saying Marin is cool, sorry but grey and pink Pine Mountain was in my eyes one of the nicest looking mtb´s made.

has anyone seen if Mint has voted. Please vote and stop the ebarasment of marin who as far as I know never made a single bike getting to the cool side and get the rest of the flock to vote

breezerfatty":1owaoxtv said:
So Raleigh's are uncool and this stuff with it's poor finish and an apeal fixed at the new to mountain biking are cool. Same people just want to be another state of the united states of what ever. I don't mind manrin being voted cool but I did mind Raleigh going down. no acounting for taste

I´ve got a Carlton built Raleigh that might be cool, best mtb´s BITD were for the main part from the US of A though, though that´s no excuse for the UK´s masochistic foreign policy with the US.

best

I can see your point but DNA were pretty dam good. I love the bikes from the states but I do get a bit fed up when readind a history of mountain biking. You would think the first people to ride off road were all over there. I'm 54 and was puting noblies on my bike since I was 12. A guy in our club, the maldon bicycle motor cross club, who's dad was good at making things turned up with a racer with cyclo cross tyres, flat bars and his dad had rigged the shifters to the bars. Clive Goodchild R.I.P. could wheely for ever and did drop offs as good as the ones in at Chicksands. OMG I am an old codger. How did this happen, help someone stop this stuff coming out of me.

Back