Meeting of the great northland clans?

We could always chop and change a bit to drop the distance a little.

Kaiser- I've had a look at the diary and I'm flexible and can swap out the 27th. The welsh venue we are using for testing is available on the 20th so I can just swap weekends round.

Shall we make this retro only or open to all?

Although I'm no coming I'd suggest retro bikes could lead to a world of hurt and thus a more modern feel might be advisable ;)

velomaniac":24hneuwf said:
Although I'm no coming I'd suggest retro bikes could lead to a world of hurt and thus a more modern feel might be advisable ;)

I bet you end up joining us Velo. That new disc braked steed of yours will make you :LOL: if its lack of bounce that is stopping you, you can always use my Shock-a-Billy. Plenty of room in the truck so just get down and take it for a spin. Its a size large so should fit you OK.

BTW, even if I ride modern it won't have suss so I might give a retro bike a ride out. Klunker??

Si that would be cool :cool:

Its definitely the toughest stane I've been too. If any has been designed for sussers its this one, lots of steep drops too. Though 2 guys I was with were on hardtails and I had full sus so its not impossible for the more skilled.

Nope I'm not doing Kirroughtree, I seriously lack the skill for that level of riding. I crashed badly 3 times at Dalbeatie, the last of which could have resulted in broken bones but thankfully didn't :shock:

Kaisers a better rider than me and he says its tough as does many a bike mag I've read. I'll stick to GT, Inners, CV and the Drum and get better at riding them :)

I would be interested on finally getting out with the mcretro clan.Im seriously lacking in health though[medical],so as long as it wasnt extreme or difficult terrain.
As long as nobbody minds me tagging on at the back and arriving at the pub/curry house/eatery 1/2h later than anyone else,then i'd like to come along.
'Fraid im a non driver.Is there any transport available?

dyna-ti":16rcbmly said:
I would be interested on finally getting out with the mcretro clan.Im seriously lacking in health though[medical],so as long as it wasnt extreme or difficult terrain.
As long as nobbody minds me tagging on at the back and arriving at the pub/curry house/eatery 1/2h later than anyone else,then i'd like to come along.
'Fraid im a non driver.Is there any transport available?

basicly , i'm fat :D so i'll hang back with you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

that's a bit harsh, your just big boned and it is pretty easy for folks to do the easier graded routes to suit ability.

Back