1989 Wicked Fat Chance

ridevintagemtb

BoTY Winner
Kona Fan
Happy Friday everyone. I'll kick off the weekend of new bike posts with my latest project. More pics to come, plus a story.

The color didn't come out as expected. I was trying for the dark burgundy/purple, but this is what I got. It still looks ok.

DSCN0782.jpg

Remaining decals are in my car. I also have two gold ringle cages, but I think it looks better without them.

Phew. This is the end to an exhausting project :D

What you say: "It still looks okay". I 2nd that. That Fat is not only punk, but also a bit posh.

Why not going for a compromiese? One Ringle cage?

That is a cracker..

A Summer's Day ride across the rolling hills, no clouds, no rush with one of those please.. :D

Looks nice, see you managed to get some flat gold bars then eventually lol. Worth the effort though mate

More pics

DSCN0785.jpg

DSCN0794.jpg

DSCN0789.jpg

DSCN0784.jpg

DSCN0788.jpg

DSCN0786.jpg

DSCN0791.jpg

Spec Highlights:

1989 Wicked Fat Chance Frame W/ Original fork.
Gold Mavic rims on XT m730 hubs w/ purple nipples
M730 mechs
Suntour XC Pro shifters + cantis
Control Tech stem color matched
no-name seatpost + bar custom anodized
Gold Kooka levers
White Industries cranks with Syncros chainrings

Complete decal set will have to wait. The guy turned out to be a flake and didn't nearly get it right. At least the downtube ones came out ok.

Mike,
that really is another top notch build, congrats! Had chance to ride it yet?

John":359bg0n6 said:
Mike,
that really is another top notch build, congrats! Had chance to ride it yet?

Not yet. Big road race this in town this weekend, my legs are completely f'ed. She'll see the dirt sometime this week though.

She's lived her entire life in Somerville, MA up until now. It wouldn't be proper unless I found the right trail to take her on.

Mike - that is sweet. I love the paint colour with the gold. Go gently on her - shes an old lady :LOL:

Back