Glentress Duathlon anyone?

Erse, I've left it too late but I'm on the waiting list :(

so i'm going it alone? prob best. don't want laughed at for not be able to run the length of myself

Hopefully I'll get in,the waiting list can sometimes take a dunt nearer the event.

I'm wondering if I should go for the long one the noo :?

Ok thats me in for the short :) poppin off down the street for stuff to make snow tyres :p

enjoy- you are obviously crazy but we all know that anyway, could be worse, you could be doing the strath puffer- talked to a dude doing it in a 2 man team at the bike shop today- he says that there is about 1000 ft of climbing each lap :shock: says that the 10/bellend has a bit of climbing but up and down and a good bit of fire road however he said the midgies ate him alive, so bring your fags.

kaiser":1e8b3s0j said:
Ok thats me in for the short :) poppin off down the street for stuff to make snow tyres :p

I hope the snow goes away before the 24th as when i was up there about 10days ago it was a nightmare. Couldn't even make it round the blue!

not that I'm an expert but I believe studded tires make a huge difference, you can ride on sheet ice albeit they weigh a good bit more- sithlord was selling some a bit ago, or do what kaiser is doing and make your own- this will allow you the added advantage of being able to drop out blaming the tyres when it all goes horribly wrong as it inevitably will when you put studs in normal tyres ;)

clockworkgazz":2qasidz9 said:
enjoy- you are obviously crazy but we all know that anyway, could be worse, you could be doing the strath puffer- talked to a dude doing it in a 2 man team at the bike shop today- he says that there is about 1000 ft of climbing each lap :shock: says that the 10/bellend has a bit of climbing but up and down and a good bit of fire road however he said the midgies ate him alive, so bring your fags.

puffer next year then :D

haggis":3r137gs6 said:
kaiser":3r137gs6 said:

I hope the snow goes away before the 24th as when i was up there about 10days ago it was a nightmare. Couldn't even make it round the blue!

Was at GT last year with velo in the snow, great fun but 0 progress :LOL:

Back