Apache's are just cool aren't they?

Nothing beats the SR71 Blackbird :cool:
sr71-2.jpg

Stick Legs - you are either an aero nerd...or you work high up for the govt in the military???

which is it?

:D

This thread makes me want to go and get all the airfix kits i couldn't afford as a kid !

Bedroom was full of planes hanging from the ceiling with cotton wool coming out of the engines (smoke ;) ) ...

Hilts":2akrtqn1 said:
This thread makes me want to go and get all the airfix kits i couldn't afford as a kid !

Bedroom was full of planes hanging from the ceiling with cotton wool coming out of the engines (smoke ;) ) ...

the demographic is so narrow in biking isn't it?

I bet we are all into planes and automobiles and not that many of us can be arsed with football. :?:

I went through an airfix revival three weeks after getting married. Bit of a mid life crisis between the lines there I think. Got over it anyway (minature aircraft - not wife) .

Wu-Tangled":29q7g777 said:
Stick Legs - you are either an aero nerd...or you work high up for the govt in the military???

which is it?

A bit of the former I am afraid. :oops: Lots of time spent at sea gives me pleanty of time to read stuff. And I am not a fan of fiction.

Agree with the narrow demographic comment... 80's fast cars, cold war military history, bikes, brunettes. Those are my 'vices'.

Oh! The SR-71 Blackbird has engines that work as a turbofan up to Mach 1 then there is a bypass system that allows the engine to function as a ram-jet over thet speed. That is what the big cone in the intake is all about.

Bugger, I am an aero-nerd. :?

I agree !!! All of us on here are into stuff thats just ... Cool ! Well, at least we think so ! I bet most of you watch Top Gear ???

The fact that were into something retro (bikes!) probably means you like Classic cars, Radio controlled models perhaps! Definitely airshows and aircraft full stop, car engines and anything to do with a bit of special engineering !!!

And yes footbal aint high on the list !!!

Hi Wu Tang - in answer to your question, yeah im local to Goodwood! Just twenty mins away so The Fes of Speed is a near must for the last 6 years!! I even held my reception at Goodwood race track in Sep 2005 !! Organised a corporate day so it was all good fun racing around Lotus Exige's with all me mates on my own wedding day !! Result !!

Check out pic of that jumbo at goodwood !!! And another I slid in of the test driver at BMW F1 also taken at Goodwood !!

Attachments

• jumbo jet pic.jpg
    jumbo jet pic.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,780
Back