East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

rc200ti":324iuonf said:
Just back from the Appleby Film Club (victoria, Christina, Barcelona) - loved it, really weird having been immersed in Spanish dusty sunlight for 90 minutes to step out of the Church hall into the snow.
Anyway... can do Sunday am, Ticknall at 8.30 any good ?

Yes..very possibly wetaher permitting etc.

I'll have to singlespeed it so gentle please!

I've got a green light Very Happy (I've had to sell my soul today for this, but it'll be worth it Laughing )

:D Yep, today's a very much 'do stuff round the house day' for me as well.

Fear not Mat. I have a single speed too, it's called 'gently', as no doubt Ed will confirm as he had to keep sprinting off to keep warm last Wednesday. :oops:

I'll check my mobile in the morning. Heavy snow and strong winds are forecast so who knows what tomorrow may bring. Likeley to be impossible or brilliant, but nothing in between.

it won't be impossible - not around Ticknall - as long as we can get there it'll be fine - it's not the bleak moors :D

In a controversial departure from modern rigid singlespeed I shall be riding reto full suss fully geared Proflex :D

orange71":pzoh7z0z said:
it won't be impossible - not around Ticknall - as long as we can get there it'll be fine - it's not the bleak moors :D

In a controversial departure from modern rigid singlespeed I shall be riding reto full suss fully geared Proflex :D

Does that mean singlespeeding is going to kill me?

It was the getting there that I was categorising as 'impossible' :D

Having disturbing thoughts about building up a single-speed. :shock: :shock: :shock:

rc200ti":2m60btt8 said:
It was the getting there that I was categorising as 'impossible' :D

Having disturbing thoughts about building up a single-speed. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Shouldn't you be doing jobs round the house, not dreaming about bikes ;) :LOL:

I have a tensioner and cog you could use if you want to give it a go.

The other way is to not change gear for a while and see how it feels ;)

I'd recommend Mat's method as it's a lot cheaper and easier way to find out if you like singlespeeding :D

Off to fettle on my original MTB replica now :D

Back