Fs: 1970's roadbike and spares with pics!

taka

Dirt Disciple
hi im selling my very first roadbike to fund my new on-one 29r
ive been using it to get fit again but now the snows here ive been getting back out onto the trails its labelled up as a dawes galxy but have been told otherwise it has been resprayed fire red and a good job of it too

this is what someone on another forum suggested to me
oof the road bike is lovely! i think it might be a pre buy out/sell out holdsworth because they had the same trade mark conjoined seat stays looped over the seat tube. very nice if it is.

58cm renolds 531 steel frame and forks no panier or mudguard mounts 54cm tt
ebw cranks 2 speed
shimano crane rear mech
duraace shifters
duraace front mech
5 speed rear 27" 1/4 rear wheel bearings have had it but still works
front qr wheel 1 snapped spoke but ok
weinemann brake levers and brakes f& r with new pads
racey saddle and new 27.0mm silver seatpost
drop bars some french make and quill stem
1" threaded headset

the bike comes with spares:
shimano exage sport cranks
exage sport brakes
exage sport shifters
exage sport pedals
and new bbb red bar tape

IMG469.jpg

IMG466.jpg

IMG464.jpg

IMG468.jpg

IMG467.jpg

the silver spd pedals in pic are not included in the sale

all in the bike could do with some new wheels ive been told 700c will fit because there is alot of brake adjustment?

i dont know how much its worth but to keep the mods happy ill put some wild price down of £200 offers are welcome however silly they are?

cheers tom
takamush@live.co.uk

My 1963 HQ frame uses the same Nervex lugging which I think was popular at the time - it has the same wrapover seatstays also, so I wouldn't assume that makes it a Holdsworth. Mercian offered the wrapovers in the 70s as well, I think.

Nice innit.

blightyinfurs":21u4uwvv said:
My 1963 HQ frame uses the same Nervex lugging which I think was popular at the time - it has the same wrapover seatstays also, so I wouldn't assume that makes it a Holdsworth. Mercian offered the wrapovers in the 70s as well, I think.

Nice innit.

Lots of builders used wrap-over seat stays in the 70's, and you're right, Nervex Pro lugs were in everyday use then as well. Very difficult to establish the maker unless you have the frame number at all? Might give a clue.

hi there,

cheers for the info the dropouts are infact horizontal like the ones it the photos above get confused between them :D and ive tryed to get a frame number but the respray has done quite a good job at covering it it what i can get is R or K 9982? if that helps?

tom

how much do you guys think its worth? havent got a clue myself as its the first ever roadbike ive owend and the oldest bike...?

tom

Back