Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offering Presto 'Model Jan LeGrand' frameset + parts * SOLD *

For period correct build with Super or Nuovo Record

Rare circa 1976 frame built by Jan Legrand. JLG is well known as builder of Prestos, but also as head mechanic of TI Raleigh and master builder for the TI Raleigh team. With his strive for perfection and his interesting detail solutions I personally consider him the best among the Dutch masterbuilders.

Every Presto is unique. I have seen frames with alike detailing, but that also had things done differently at other places. Recognizable as Presto, but you won't find a second.

Features:
- full 531 tubing
- Cinelli lugs with cut outs everywhere
- 3ple 'X' present on top seatstays
- 3ple 'X' engraved under bb shell
- Campagnolo drop outs with drillings
- Presto typical fork
- very light for a 531 frame
- Seattube: 56cm C-T
- Toptube: 560mm

Condition:
All original finishing with patina. No concours example, but view it is a great oppertunity to actually ride an unique frame without feeling too guilty. There is surface rust visible there were the chain hit the chainstay and on the non drive rear dropout. Paint shows marks of use, like scratches and chips. Structurally the frame is 100% sound. View pics to form your own opinion.

Comes with:
- Campagnolo Super Record headset. Repacked with new Campag bearings and Motorex grease. Supersmooth.
- Campagnolo Super/Nuovo Record bottom bracket with proper steel spindle. Repacked with Motorex. Supersmooth, zero play.
- Campagnolo Super/Nuovo Record downtube shifters
- rust prevention treatment with Fluid Film AS-R oil

This chassis is ready for immediate build.

Looking for 220 GBP shipped

View all pics >>>

Go HERE

4256591070_73c06559cc_b.jpg

4255832713_16de063dc1_b.jpg

4255827889_8f85a1d4be.jpg
4255830047_fd1c51c0d0.jpg

4255825621_99ea03c3e9.jpg

4256595252_a07728662e.jpg

I have also an early 90s Batavus Professional available atm. View it here

4253386819_3a6d3f9d15.jpg

The drilled drop outs: Yes, they are nice. I have a golden Presto in 59 that has them too. That frame will certainly stay as it is my size and I already have parts laying around for it. It will be a nice pragmatic mix: Pelissier hubs, Super Mighty cranks, Superbe brakes/levers and Super Record for the rest.

The Raleigh TI 753 I owned had the drilled drop outs too, what denoted it was a time trial/short stage frame I have been told.

Interesting frame, to small for me though. You say he was a master builder for TI Raleigh team. Weren't their frames from the Ilkeston Special Build workshop?

Yes, but building overthere was by him or went under his supervision.

Legrand was also involved in the design of the later Panasonic PR-6000 teamsbicycles. Panasonic evolved from TI Raleigh. Legrand also built a small number under his own label.

Article talking about TI Raleigh and Legrand >>

TI-Raleigh_p4(Nov'82_Cycling).jpg

Source: Bulgier site

Panasonic PR-6000 ex-team >>

3302861865_50573e218b.jpg

Thanks for that, very interesting Cycling article. I like the pub shot. Anybody recognise any of the guys in the photo (apart from Peter Post that is)? Are the photos and the bike still there? (highly doubtful I know!)

I wasn't aware that each team members' frames had their initials stamped on. Try to learn a little every day I say!

Picture of my 'old' 753 frame (now John's). That charactaristic topcap with the ridge, that is an influence by Legrand.

3125198548_a6a9131099.jpg

Prestos could also be had with 753 tubing, but than we are speaking of really really rare frames.

everybody is broke in the new year ;)

price drop for this nice Presto

Latest posts

Back