• Cool

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
tintin40":1o2vk1yu said:
Lysander":1o2vk1yu said:
Easy_Rider":1o2vk1yu said:
Surely as this is retrobike we are voting on the old Marins :?

I konkwurr

Old or new. Still not cool. If it was a car it would be Kia or Ford Focus at best
Surely a better analogy would be liking Marin to a make of car, like Ford, for example?

Pickle":ggp3bun3 said:
They made a few good ones, the Team Issue for one, but overall I'm saying uncool.

As I recall, there isn't even a Marin 'factory'. Did Marin ever actually make something themselves? Aren't they like Kona and VooDoo and others who just buy from suppliers and apply decals? :?

So Raleigh's are uncool and this stuff with it's poor finish and an apeal fixed at the new to mountain biking are cool. Same people just want to be another state of the united states of what ever. I don't mind manrin being voted cool but I did mind Raleigh going down. no acounting for taste

breezerfatty":3e5djl0z said:
So Raleigh's are uncool and this stuff with it's poor finish and an apeal fixed at the new to mountain biking are cool. Same people just want to be another state of the united states of what ever. I don't mind manrin being voted cool but I did mind Raleigh going down. no acounting for taste

Sorry BF, but maybe a few more punctuation marks would make that comment a little more clear? :?

I recall almost buying an 89 Bear Valley a long time ago - nice gloss black paint with gold decals. In the end I went for a Rockhopper and I've always favoured Specialized as a brand ever since. As I remember Marin in their steel days they were nice frames, but nothing really grabbed the attention.
A few years later I bought one of the early Mount Visions and never really got on with. I bought it on a bit of a whim, but for some reason it I found it pretty uninspiring to ride. Sold it after about 6 months and went back to a hard tail.
I'm going with uncool for the brand as a whole - having said that if a Team Ti frame came along in my size at the right price I'd be very tempted...

Back