Rabobank Master new pics 15/6/10

The Rabobank cross bike isn't a replica (as if!) but is an ex team bike ridden by Marcel Duijn (nope, me neither). Not sure of the year but he was a pro 2002-04 so around then?

The Lampre frame is also 2002ish but with it's inch steerer and lugged construction very much in keeping with a decade earlier. It's 61cm c-t.

So not sure when yours might be as Google search doesn't throw up much. Guessing dating by components fitted will be as good as any other way although that can easily be misleading. I guess that although it's interesting to know it doesn't really matter too much - ride and enjoy, you lucky man!

ededwards":21x3wn2l said:
The Rabobank cross bike isn't a replica (as if!) but is an ex team bike ridden by Marcel Duijn (nope, me neither). Not sure of the year but he was a pro 2002-04 so around then?

The Lampre frame is also 2002ish but with it's inch steerer and lugged construction very much in keeping with a decade earlier. It's 61cm c-t.

So not sure when yours might be as Google search doesn't throw up much. Guessing dating by components fitted will be as good as any other way although that can easily be misleading. I guess that although it's interesting to know it doesn't really matter too much - ride and enjoy, you lucky man!

I meant mine was a rep not yours Ed!

Looking at when Colnago sponsored Rabobank I was thinking early 2000's but the Record dates it older... As do the wheels...

I think the Columbus sticker dates it to being pre Master X-Light and therefore a Master (but i'm probably wrong :)

Lovely :)

16H Shamal rims crop up on ebay for $$$$$ for time to time. Velocity Deep V rims would be an inexpensive replacement and come in 16H. Gipiemme also made similar rims- i picked up a set for one of my red Masters a while back...............

Andy

Excellent - I did stumble on the velocity rims previously, any good?

Does anyone know how to date record bits?

fingers":3gdp2f86 said:
John":3gdp2f86 said:
Big pic has gone, please post again. Think I will like it...

Im working on it... Hang about a sec...

Back now..Looks great :cool: You must be taller than Edwards to be running that much post. This was from ebay, yes? Listed about 10 times iirc. If you were the last winner I'd say that was money well spent :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
tonynotrabago":1okcujuv said:
Very nice bike, certainly at that price.
Should be an ex-probike looking at the headtube

congratulations

how can you tell it was a pro bike??

That sure is one gorgeous Colnago. :D :D :D

The only thing that grates slightly to my eyes are the Shamal wheels. They look fine on a more modern style of frame but I reckon they look kind of clumsy and bulky on a spindly classic steel frame. I prefer Record hubs with Open Pro rims for a more balanced look. ;)

But then what do I know... :?

And while we're all flagrantly showing off our Colnagos, here's mine, a 2000 model Master Olympic with Art Decor paint. Well, it was mine until some low-life stole it from my bike shed. :cry:

I miss it like hell and would love to get hold of a similar one if I can find one.

Attachments

• myColnago1.jpg
    myColnago1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,015
Back