Show us your Specialized

My '88 Rockhopper and '97 Hardrock:

rockhopperv1.jpg

73126356.jpg

thesober":24t7301l said:
Any one know what year this stumpjumper is? good deal at around $200 USD?

lovely colour. i'd buy it for $200 if I was in the market for one.

makster":2m4ll9y7 said:
Does anyone have any spec sheets for early 90's stumpys and stumpy comps??
Some of the Specialized catalogues in the archive here have full spec listings. Try the 1992 catalogue, for example. I think one might be in German, but you can figure out what's what from the context.

edit: here you go - page 47 of the pdf:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=15602

all the models from the Stumpjumper FS down to the vanilla Rockhopper. The text isn't all that clear, but you'll figure it out. Rahmen is frame, gabel is fork, kurbel is crank, etc.

one-eyed_jim":c751vdmo said:
thesober":c751vdmo said:
Any one know what year this stumpjumper is?
'95, I think. The '94 still had a 1" steerer and 28.6mm seat tube. The '95 went 1 1/8" and 31.8mm.

Thanks everyone, i think it is a 1995 too, I bought the bike! The serial number begins with 94.
The fork is a Marzocchi XCR, anyone know the specs on that?

I have owned a few specialized stumpjumpers over the years ,Here's one I put together and to date not ridden ,think its a 90/91 model from doing a little diggin, I built it up initially as a singlespeed project for something to do whilst off the bikes for a while, and still not sure yet if its staying in the stable, as the stumpjumper I really really want has not surfaced yet, and I have been looking for 3 years.. :(

PICT0152-1-1.jpg

Quite pleased with the look apart from maybe the grips, and still cant decide about the stem, but I will decide first if it stays before undertaking any more finishing touches.. ;)

one-eyed_jim":13xdxzqn said:
makster":13xdxzqn said:
Does anyone have any spec sheets for early 90's stumpys and stumpy comps??
Some of the Specialized catalogues in the archive here have full spec listings. Try the 1992 catalogue, for example. I think one might be in German, but you can figure out what's what from the context.

edit: here you go - page 47 of the pdf:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=15602

all the models from the Stumpjumper FS down to the vanilla Rockhopper. The text isn't all that clear, but you'll figure it out. Rahmen is frame, gabel is fork, kurbel is crank, etc.

Brilliant! That confirms both my Stumpy and Rockhopper Comps as 1992 :D

Thanks for the link!

The forks certainly would not have been standard, it would either have come with Specialized's own Future Shock fork or a Rock Shox fork. I have been looking for that exact model of Marzocchi fork though so please let me know if you ever plan to swap it.

Back