NWA: Macclesfield Forest - 31/01/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got sent home from work last night while i was on my night shift , my M2 was carving new tracks in the powdery snow ! good fun at 4.30am ! :LOL:
What time are you setting off on saturday mr drystone?

I'm reckoning on setting off about 10:30 - 11:00am ish. Whatever is good for whoever wants to join us though.
At the moment I think it'll be Woody, Stally and myself.
I'll see if a couple of my other mates fancy it too.

Cool,

I managed to get to the top of the Forest on Sunday, Flying down the fire roads in 6" powder snow was more like skiing than riding a bike :D

Unfortunately I won't be riding tomorrow afterall. I've been suffering with a very tenacious cold all week and my girlfriend says she kill me if I'm found dead in a snowdrift.

If any of you guys want to go on ahead with the recce and get some pictures I'd really appreciate it.
Stally you know the route don't you?
I could meet you at the Leather's afterwards with a hot flask of something.

Otherwise I'll probably give it a crack either in the next week or at the weekend.

drystonepaul":14nnu8x6 said:
my girlfriend says she kill me if I'm found dead in a snowdrift.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Get better soon Paul, just seen the Cat and Fiddle on the news, think you've made the right choice.

Hope you feel better soon Paul , I'm gonna go round the forest but only for an hour or two, or until my feet can't take anymore of the cold!

Woody":d59ffa7s said:
Hope you feel better soon Paul , I'm gonna go round the forest but only for an hour or two, or until my feet can't take anymore of the cold!

another time is probably a good idea, get well soon Paul.

Woody if your up for a small one give me a shout.

If the big freeze continues this is what we'll be installed for ! Hard work in places but well worth the effort ! ;)

Attachments

• Beautiful scenery.jpg
    Beautiful scenery.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 366
  • Charity lane.jpg
    Charity lane.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 366
  • Macc forest.jpg
    Macc forest.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 366
  • First climb.jpg
    First climb.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 366
We've just got back, loads of fun but hard work.

The snow drift at the top of Standingstone was over the fence. I'll upload some pics later, there is possibly a video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back