fixed gear qu...sorry

and here are 2 more that i like....

these are on www.bikecult.com

raleightwentyFGOrs.jpg

shopper3.jpg

They often turn up on the fixed gear gallery .

For reference your steelies might be 20" 1 3/8 ; Or similar .

I was playing with £500 worth of Dahon today , couldn't see what all the fuss is about .

aye you did....

having some bits off alecw35 on there as well as his extensive knowledge of old bikes

so look out for an update soon....

It looks great. But can I make a suggestion?

Your bike's headset is not sealed and in in a Raleigh-specific thread. You need to have a mudguard on the front wheel, or grease it very regularly, or never, ever ride in rain.

You can't buy them anymore unless you get absolutely shocking quality ones from India.

Otherwise, I quite like it.

ok cheers for that chris....when is it not raining in this country though?.. :LOL:

don't know if sheldonalec is on here or not...lol

have his wider SA 36 spoke alloy wheels on the bike now...but being a true 16 and half inches across as opposed to 18 and a half i have to source a second long reach brake caliper..got one for the front..classic chromed one

sourced a 7R BB axle to run cotterless cranks but like the steel cottered ones so gonna stick with them..also my BB shell width being 78mm instead of normal 71-76 meant i wouldnt be able to get lock ring on after doin up cup sufficiently ( with caged bearings instead of loose )

ok it looks like a fixie.... :p

but ive gone for a coaster brake hub for some kiddy skiddy stoppy type fun..... :D

Picture549.jpg

Thats luverly :cool:

Built up an old Dawes Kingpin like that once but due to being 6'6" tall the bike just was too small even with extra long stems and seatpost. Mine was a 10 speed though as i spread the dropouts to squeeze a 5 speed block in :LOL:

cheers velo...ah, the kingpin..reputedly the cream of the crop.

that is a push 400mm mtb stem in there and at a gnats cock under 6 ft i am having the stem on the limit marker

Back