Show us your Specialized

My 99 Spesh Rockerhopper with a few mods to make it a more comfortable ride and handle better. Handled shockingly badly in it's original form with a long stem!

Attachments

• 99spesh.jpg
    99spesh.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 6,710
Some nice looking bikes here. I've always been a fan of Specialized. My first proper MTB was an 89 rockhopper I bought new from the money I earned one summer holiday. A few years later I got a lovely 97 M2 Stumpy in the end of season sales. The original Judy XC's were completely shot after one UK winter and were replaced with the newly released Pace RC36 Evo's. A year or so later I came across a Litespeed frame at a price too good to miss, so the Stumpy got stripped down and the frame sold on. After recently getting back into biking after a few years off I went for a 07 Stumpy FSR. This was soon replaced by an 08 FSR Elite, which I bought as a bare frame and built up to my own spec.
Not retro, but very nice all the same:

DSC00419copy.jpg

Now this is finished I've got a 2000 M2 Stumpy frame on the way from Harryburgundy:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83744

To start with it'll get built up with stuff I've got lying around, but I'm keeping my eyes open for tidy Shimano M750 or M950 kit to go on it.
What I'd really like to get my hands on is a late 90's S-Works frame. The red frames with the big tubes and big Specialized logos have got to be one of the best looking models they've made.

My M2 S-Works (in ss guise, but I may put gears on it soon)

Attachments

• S-Works.JPG
    S-Works.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 6,690
thesober":2tmz6ir0 said:
Any one know what year this stumpjumper is? good deal at around $200 USD?

I wouldn't think twice about shelling out 200 on that if it were bigger.

Here's my 1996 Ground Control Gate in town this week.

4256530736_b1ffa1fb75_o.jpg

I've got this Stumpy Comp that I collected before xmas and is now in bits being restored......

Stumpy002.jpg

and this Rockhopper Comp that I bought to rebuild for my Niece but is miles too big so may sell/strip for parts....

RockhopperComp001.jpg

May get the Stumpy up and running for this Sundays ride. Been inspired to get on with it after reading this thread :cool:

Back