1990 Alpinestars Al-Mega XT

GT-Steve":49eekzau said:
any definitive answers from anyone as to exactly what model the Pace forks are, please?

Yep, look like early (1st gen) RC30's to me with reynolds 531 legs, quite a score with the 1 1/4 steerer too :)

mynchiboy":1ul71h7n said:
GT-Steve":1ul71h7n said:
any definitive answers from anyone as to exactly what model the Pace forks are, please?

Yep, look like early (1st gen) RC30's to me with reynolds 531 legs, quite a score with the 1 1/4 steerer too :)

Excellent, cheers.

I was surprised just how light they were :cool: when I eventually got the headset undone. I believe you can get replacement steerer tubes, or have I heard wrong??
steve

See justbackdated (Tim) on here for all your Pace needs. Just had a quote for an RC35 refurb inc steerer and the price seemed very reasonable. ;)

brocklanders023":2c9d5szv said:
See justbackdated (Tim) on here for all your Pace needs. Just had a quote for an RC35 refurb inc steerer and the price seemed very reasonable. ;)

Cheers I'll bare him in mind when the time comes. . . hopefully he'll do replacement decalsas I'm looking at a possible colour change too.
steve

So I had a go at removing the BB today (Shimano) and I can't dislodge it for love or money. Am I missing something? Should I be trying to undo one side first? or is just playing hard to get, due to the cold weather?

Cheers for any help. . . .
Steve

Fenton":1uy3b5is said:
If the BB is a shimano cartridge, the non driveside needs to come out first mate.......
And remember the drive side is a left handed thread, sorry if teaching granny to suck eggs :?

sinnett177":3rvs4q51 said:
Fenton":3rvs4q51 said:
If the BB is a shimano cartridge, the non driveside needs to come out first mate.......
And remember the drive side is a left handed thread, sorry if teaching granny to suck eggs :?

Cheers for that,

It's been a while since I did one, but something in the back of mind reminded me it was a reverse thread, I just couldn't remeber if I had to do one side first or not, so cheers to Fenton for that one. :)
Thanks
Steve

Back