East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

I'm quite tempted by this ride as I lived in Poynton as a child...and for the company of course ;)

I would be riding modern though (on my new bike :oops: ) and I'm not sure thats acceptable from the comments on the ride thread :LOL:

I might have to get special dispensation ;)

I lived in Poynton as a child

Was that some undercover 2nd life ? like having two wives :LOL:

Take the fire mountain . If you do I'll cobble mine together , I only need every single part except the frame/forks and ubrake but I could steal bits from other bikes like I always do .

At the moment the Fire Mountain is the only bike I have that works!

Rob, when are you riding this weekend? I might be up for a early morning Ticknall singlespeed suanter if I can build up the Maxlight in time. I suppose I could Fire Mountain it if we go very slowly!

My Trance woes continue unabated so no gears for me :cry:

I *might* be able to do a sunday a.m. Ticknall if home by 11ish?? When were you thinking of going out?

But then again I might not because my daughter has a party to go to :roll:

Just back from the Appleby Film Club (victoria, Christina, Barcelona) - loved it, really weird having been immersed in Spanish dusty sunlight for 90 minutes to step out of the Church hall into the snow.
Anyway... can do Sunday am, Ticknall at 8.30 any good ?

unocogero":22ix4glu said:
I'm quite tempted by this ride as I lived in Poynton as a child...and for the company of course ;)

I would be riding modern though (on my new bike :oops: ) and I'm not sure thats acceptable from the comments on the ride thread :LOL:

You didn't go to Poynton High School by any chance did you?

Modern bikes will be more than welcome if everything retro is in pieces but you'll have to carry the snow shovel as a penalty... ;)

rc200ti":2kmbivi5 said:
Just back from the Appleby Film Club (victoria, Christina, Barcelona) - loved it, really weird having been immersed in Spanish dusty sunlight for 90 minutes to step out of the Church hall into the snow.
Anyway... can do Sunday am, Ticknall at 8.30 any good ?

I've got a green light :D (I've had to sell my soul today for this, but it'll be worth it :LOL: )

More snow overnight :D

drystonepaul":2mrzws2w said:
unocogero":2mrzws2w said:

You didn't go to Poynton High School by any chance did you?

Modern bikes will be more than welcome if everything retro is in pieces but you'll have to carry the snow shovel as a penalty... ;)

I went to Poynton Primary until I was 10, then we moved to the north of Scotland so I kind of lost touch with that world. My Grandparents all lived in Stockport whilst alive so it's always nice to go back.

We used to walk a lot as a family so I have vauge memories of that whole area being fantastic (and as a kid the Cat and Fiddle always seemed really mysterious and bleak).

It's not so much the bikes being in pieces, more me if I ride them :oops:

Back