1989 Cannondale M900 'Red Shred' - FINISHED!

I agree with stew-B for the stem… too big. T bone or ritchey force-nitto should be better, with cable hanger…
For the saddle, why not a turbo…
Your bike is a 1989 so, you still have the station logo on headtube and not the extended dropout (as you told me). It was the first year C'dale welded the "3.0" frame with the 2" diameter diagonal tube.

;)

Hi Pierre! I'm looking for a good turbo and also a suitable seatpost! I agree on the stem, I'l try to find a NOS T bone for this build...... Thanks for the info, the last of the station logo cannondales are my favourites, I'd love to find a 3.0 road bike to match!

Only a small update i'm afraid, but a fantastic one! Jeff (sidekick) has sourced me a NOS prestige T-bone exactly like the one in the catalogue photo in my original post! massive thanks Jeff, it looks fantastic and a vast improvement on the syncros........ Photos to follow :cool:

All I need for this build now are the following:

Deore DX Front Mech
Selle Italia Turbo Saddle
A 'suitable' Black Seatpost
A 'suitable' Black Handlebar

I'm so close to finishing! I think I might source some XT cranks (M730?) too as I much prefer the shape of them and the fact that the logo is cast in rather than printed.

New Photos!

Comments and/or constructive criticism gratefully accepted!

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

Good call man, I'm on the look out for one as we speak! I don't suppose you know of one in 27.2 flavour? :D

i had one at one point but sold it on here..might have been a 27.0 with some foil though...

010-1.jpg

Nice build.

Can I ask a question?

Is this a Sm900 Red Shred ?. If it is then the frame is a Alpine series indicated by the sloping top tube, high BB height and dropouts.

But what is confusing is the 3.0 series sticker on the seat tube - is this original or applied afterwards?.

Back