b"O"b's Orange Aluminium Elite*finished result*

clockworkgazz":1k1bnii6 said:
stunning well done that man- well thought out and balanced, know some folk won't like the orange flite but I love it :cool:

Cheers for the comments guys. :cool:

@Gazz- lucky for me I didn't have to plan the spec out too much!! My Aim was to use as much of the original £30 parts bundle as possible.... and build it to look like the 1992 brochure pics. ( orange saddle an' all!!)

@SF klein- I think it's the angle of the picture. That high polish is a nightmare to photograph. ( the pics before were taken in the daytime but it looks like night!?! ) Had a quick spin and the forks are fine... as well light! Glad you like it!

@Jimi - The wonders of Autosol!!... it's even shinier in the flesh!....as near as you'll get to a bought one!

Thanks,
boy"O"boy

Nice work fellah :cool: just how a mountain bike should look :)

does it mark?

hi i am doing the same with my orange E2 and i wondering now those of you who have done this already have found the finnish keeps?

also any tips to getting the mirror finish appart from working the grades finer ie sanding in opposite directions? circular motion etc.

also how do i use the wire wool? is it just the same as with the sand paper?

Re: does it mark?

E2":jlsalypy said:
hi i am doing the same with my orange E2 and i wondering now those of you who have done this already have found the finnish keeps?

also any tips to getting the mirror finish appart from working the grades finer ie sanding in opposite directions? circular motion etc.

also how do i use the wire wool? is it just the same as with the sand paper?

Hi E2... welcome

As you can see from my efforts, polishing by hand is very labour intensive. I used the wire wool in much the same way as the 400grit wet and dry.... took a long strip and pulled it around the tube rather than length ways.

I haven't had this frame lacquered which would help preserve the shine... so if it gets wet, it tarnishes. It can be polished out easily but it's hassle. I think Jimi had the same problems with his E3.
As I've got the 2 other "O"s as riders... this one's for show. :oops:

Enjoying the sun
boy"O"boy

Back