Respray where?

ive looked on their website - looks like 90 quid, as i live in bristol, and i have only the frame that needs painting.

Do you think i should stick with the original orange paint colour? its a yellowy cream colour. I fancy going matt grey or black, and getting some slicks on it and eating traffic!

Is it easy to remove the headset? do you also have to remove the chrome bits that look like they will be left behind?

paulos":xs37mo54 said:
do you also have to remove the chrome bits that look like they will be left behind?

Yes, I would get Argos to do this for you, as they can then put them back in for you, the cups need to be aligned correctly with an expense tool (which you could do yourself with a treaded bar and penny washers, but I wouldn't bother).

You also would need to get the bottom bracket out which you need another tool for. I would take the frame along with the headset cups and bottom bracket in and let them do the rest.

Colour your choice, I think they were available in black, black and orange stickers would look nice.

Respray

Alright guys,

Sorry for butting in but I have another similar topic open
Copied or reproduction Decals/Stickers/transfers............
And just wanted to know are any of the sprayers mentioned able to copy (its an old Saracen Trekker - so originals are long gone!) and apply the transfers at the time of spraying?
If so is this gonna cost me an arm and a leg? :?

Cheers,

Darren

Give Gill a try for the decals. The cycle shops usually charge a tenna to put them on. I've not got any joy myself in getting them to reproduce decals but you can always ask for yourself I imagine it would cost about £20 for them to make them.

I've gone for Bob Jacksons for the respray and to put my decals on, so if anyone has anything against them don't tell me as the frame is with them now.

Bob jackson cycles

Right folks, Ive had 3 frames renovated by BOB JACKSON... An IBIS MOJO, SALSA EL-KABOING & a KONA .All the work was carried out to a very good standard and they can fill any dents do any repair work and do a pretty good repro decal service, if they cant source you some original ones. They can also arrange for your frame to be picked up & re-delivered. And last but not least they are pretty good to deal with and have great YORKSHIRE humour....... :D

Well that's good to know. :D I've been told it's going to be a six-week wait and I'm feeling a bit low about it but if it's going to be worth the wait then I can feel encouraged. :)

Is there humour in Yorkshire?? :LOL: Probably gets filtered out the further north you go, I’ve lived here for 7 years now and only met a bunch of right old miseries. No offence meant to you jolly folk here that I’ve yet to encounter. I’m not much of a socialite at the best of times, so probably am not in the best position to comment.

hi guys - taking the clockwork in to argos next week. question -

Do you think I should buy a new BB & headset?

I am gonna get them to take the old one out - i guess they may as well refit them too?

If anyone could suggest a good BB and headset - that would be great.

I am trying to go fairly sympathetic, but I guess i should be looking at what is good.

My budget is mid to high - there is some salvagable xt stuff in my bag of bits. I really want to lose the grip shifts though - I borrowed a hardrock today and it had some real basic looking shimano v-brake integrated brake and gear levers. I must say i was surprised at how good they were.

Any commenst or ideas?

Paul

Back