What do you know about old K2 bikes? around 1991?

beepbeep":2yiyyc6e said:
I was browsing through my Stumpjumper anniversary book this evening and noticed this.
The K2 logo is repeated 3 times by the S of START - fairly solid proof that they were at least interested in MTBing BITD ;)
That is one seriously historic photo there beepbeep. By the looks of the photo, it could be mid to late 80's? I had no idea K2 was involved that early. I had always thought that K2 had just bought into the Proflex family. This changes my whole impression of K2.

Many thanks for that beepbeep! :D

any ideas on the year of this bike? trying to find more on it and can't. need to find the derailleur hanger model and havent been able to get any help.

Attachments

• k2 exotec 2.jpg
    k2 exotec 2.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 1,155
not sure of the yr of my bike but here she is.K2 exotec 2, xt parts, rock shox Indy fork. in dire need of a derailleur hanger for it but cant find the matching one. bike shops are clueless

Attachments

• k2 exotec 2.jpg
    k2 exotec 2.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 1,140
  • k2 frame.jpg
    k2 frame.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,140
Very little information on K2 so here's my contribution .... I've been interested for a while so I got one
a-1-bicikl-slika-128631392.jpg

it is not in 100% original condition .. as it is only part of the XTR equipment on it
polished welds are an extra joy to me and the asymmetrical cable guides I see for the first time
also I have never heard of this A series.....this mine is an A-1
I was very happy when I saw this on a Swiss marketplace that was a 1993 model :D
K2-A88-2-1993.jpg

K2-A88-1993.jpg

Back