And today I did......

know what you mean eck, started cleaning the boys room out this morning, think I have found the missing eleventh commandment down the back of the bunk beds " thou shall not have a pink chain!" ;)

I've got most things now ZZ (could you bring the silver 1 inch cable hanger to dunkeld eck?) just need period grips and some cables and outers really.

Got a mix of suntour xc9000- crankset, front and rear der, thumbies, hubs with rm20 rims- and xt levers and xt cantis as well as the bullmoose bar, strong post, fat city orig saddle and a tange levine headset. I also got some super nice period panaracer tires and did track down a set of period pedals albeit they are plastic mks jobbies might need to bite the bullet and splash the cash on some suntour beartrap ones, will see how they look.

Paint finish is pretty good so a bit of t-cut and shine is all it needs really.

fatchance.jpg

fatchance2.jpg

That's going to be nice Gaz. I have some NOS MKS Graffight pedals but with BMX spindles- swap out the spindles and you have swanky NOS minty goodness. Also see a nice FAT City handlebar on the bay; that and a nice Salsa roller stem would be nicer and more period than the bullmoose IMO.

I'd cut my nada off for that Fat saddle BTW :cool:

Had a Fat progress day. Bought the last few bis to finish the SAB. Need to get some cables and grips from CRC tonight and that's it. I might repaint it though as Aquafade doesn't suit all the polished alloy on the fork and rear. I could paint the fork and rear maybe??

Also painted the Yo Eddy fork that arrived over Xmas for the Fat Ti. Nice ti silver fading into pearl blue down the legs. I need to find some canti bosses for them now a d it can be built up.

Last bit of news for today is another imminant arrival. Its steel, American and iconic. Care to hazard a guess? Should be here at the end of the month if you don't guess in time.

I convinced a man that a £90 full suspenders bike was tat so he got a rigid instead . Working from the inside - bringing rigid back .

Dr S":cpo8a23n said:
Had a Fat progress day. Bought the last few bis to finish the SAB. Need to get some cables and grips from CRC tonight and that's it. I might repaint it though as Aquafade doesn't suit all the polished alloy on the fork and rear. I could paint the fork and rear maybe??

Also painted the Yo Eddy fork that arrived over Xmas for the Fat Ti. Nice ti silver fading into pearl blue down the legs. I need to find some canti bosses for them now a d it can be built up.

Last bit of news for today is another imminant arrival. Its steel, American and iconic. Care to hazard a guess? Should be here at the end of the month if you don't guess in time.

breezer?

good work looking forward to seeing the SAB and Ti Fat emerge from your immense imagination my man.

" I have some NOS MKS Graffight pedals but with BMX spindles- swap out the spindles and you have swanky NOS minty goodness. Also see a nice FAT City handlebar on the bay; that and a nice Salsa roller stem would be nicer and more period than the bullmoose IMO"

You are quite right, bull bars are a bit early for a 86 but I always liked them so will go down the more conventional route if it looks wrong. That's the pedals I have too Si, they are pretty nice bits of kit but kind of look cheap from afar so will see how they get on.

Dr S":7cxpf5po said:

easy, Yeti. What else could you fit a disk drive too :)

Back