Dave Yates Diablo 1994 - Photo Update!

Ah I see mate! I'l have a look at it, I have only ridden it a couple of times so i'm not familiar with it yet! I'll let you know!

Ohh very nice. Used to see a few of these about before steel really fell out of fashion. Also seem to recall seeing reviews of these fitted with a project II.

Ohh very nice. Used to see a few of these about before steel really fell out of fashion. Also seem to recall seeing reviews of these fitted with a project II.

Cheers John! The only ones I've ever seen have had project II on, I believe they came from Dave Yates as a frameset like that.......

Fenton":17neqo7y said:
I'm not sure how up to date Dave Yates would be with geometry trends and suspension correction at this point in time, certainly the head tube angle is a lot more relaxed than my Bontragers.... I'll take some better photos, I'm sure that will go some way as to answering your questions! I might also email Dave Yates with the frame number, maybe he can tell me when this was built!
I expect he understands geometry perfectly well, but I wonder whether it might be part of the famous Dave Yates charm to pretend not to. The photo below has been on his website for many years - I think the fork is a 1999 Z1, and the photo dates to about then. However it looks as though the frame is an earlier one designed for a much shorter fork. Note the negative bb drop! And the very 'relaxed' head angle.

Why would you use that photo to advertise your skills in January 2010? Is it some kind of bizarre joke? Is he in a competition with Roberts for who can have the most out of date website? A bit of a character would be an understatement methinks.

Still your bike looks promising to me. Some kind of Columbus, can't quite see which. bb in fact on the low side, suggesting possible potential for longer fork if you happened to prefer. And £135! You drive a hard bargain!

Attachments

• 1999 or so Dave Yates ATB.jpg
    1999 or so Dave Yates ATB.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2,214
Hi Anthony, The geometry on that show bike does seem very relaxed doesn't it! I noticed when I got the diablo that it looked like it was having a bit of a rest! the head tube and seat tube seem to be rather laid back! The tubing is cromOR, described thus: Built of cold-drawn, chrome-moly butted tubing, this set is for the more demanding riders who favour versatile, high-performance light frames on a random website I found! I think i'm going to stick with the original Project II I think it suits them...........

Thats a very nice bike. orange with black forks

Thanks tintin, I'm really pleased with it mate :cool:

Latest posts

Back