My Fuquay - Updated!

stu

jammy git
Hi!

Swapped a few parts on the trusty Fuquay, the Middleburn cranks required a massively wide bottom bracket so I swapped them for a set of Deore cranks, they still need a polish though :D

The old seatpost and saddle combo didn't look right so I swapped them out for a plain silver post and a Brooks Pro saddle (cheers Simon), other changes include some Dia Compe SS5 brake levers and an XTR front mech.....things still to do include tidying up the front cable hanger with some silver paint, swapping the green alloy bolts for silver.....and sorting out some decals!

Here are a couple of pictures of her freshly cleaned and polished......

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01014.jpg

Cheers
Stu

I love that bike.

I hope to own a Fuquay at some point.

:cool:

Edit: Are you going to put decals on?

I like that!

The colour and the brooks saddle make it look as if you had a traditional gents cycle that has been working out!

Cool! :cool:

Cheers guys!

I need to get off my backside and sort out the stickers, probably just gonna go with decals on the headtude, down tube and a couple of armadillos on the top tube :D

Wanted to get a clean, classic look with the bike and I think it's worked.....too many hours looking at bikes on the Rivendell website!

Here's a picture of how she looked before my makeover...

FuquayBefore.jpg

Stu

'Proper British look' - the joy of skilled craftsmen coming over here and tucking themselves away in the back of beyond, or Hadleigh neck of the woods.

Back