Getting a cartridge BB out??

Graeme":324isti6 said:
Is it out yet? :D

Will let you know tomorrow... going to me parents for the weekend (to the good ol' home-state, some 200 miles away). This is where I have a vice available, so will try there. Also will try tapping round the cup if the vice fails.

So will keep you posted about the progress... and I was just thinking, I (hope I'm mistaken) think in the LBS they turned the wrong way. They tried counterclockwise, so if it has to go out clockwise it's probably even tighter now and that's probably the reason there ain't no teeth on the drive side either anymore??

Well, first have to do the dishes and then it's time for a bit of a kip... and tomorrow it's me and Mr. BB showdown ;-)

YAY!!! It's out!! :)

Thanx to my dad who had a big hammer (about 10 lbs) and a gas torch... We hit the axle out to one side and when the axle/cartridge popped out, I just had to remove them cups. The plastic one was easy, now I just have to get the last piece of the aluminium cup out. I repaired the threads on the plastic-cup side with an old BB cup I still had (from when BB's was just a left and right cup with an axle and loose bearings).

THANX FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! Me is really happy now, one more S-bike saved from the scrapyard (and I thought the 1994 Rock Shox fork holding air was my only luck on this bike).

Off to the powdercoater now...

Back