BoTM January 2010 - Saracen Special - Nominations please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravy Monster":11qqhuj8 said:
drystonepaul":11qqhuj8 said:
Some great looking bikes entered so far. I'm looking forward to submissions from Chaser, Heathy and Gravy Monster.

Im sure Heathy is lurking round the corner with his Pink one in hand ready to shock us all ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bloody hell, i've been so busy with work and organising bike races that i nearly missed this :oops:

Here it is then..... 1989 Killi flyer, exactly as it left the factory! Even have the brochures, pannier rack and touch up paint! More can be found here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Attachments

• Saracen 001.jpg
    Saracen 001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,691
  • Saracen 004.jpg
    Saracen 004.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,691
  • Saracen 009.jpg
    Saracen 009.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,691
heathy":1fx6vpz4 said:
Gravy Monster":1fx6vpz4 said:
drystonepaul":1fx6vpz4 said:
Some great looking bikes entered so far. I'm looking forward to submissions from Chaser, Heathy and Gravy Monster.

Im sure Heathy is lurking round the corner with his Pink one in hand ready to shock us all ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bloody hell, i've been so busy with work and organising bike races that i nearly missed this :oops:

Here it is then..... 1989 Killi flyer, exactly as it left the factory! Even have the brochures, pannier rack and touch up paint! More can be found here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Arrgghhh flame him! 3 pictures!!

Nice entry though :cool:

In answer to GoldenEra. Saracen were one of the first MTB manufacturers on the scene in the UK and made some fanstastic bikes, but in the mid 90's they were taken up by a bicycle superstore and they quickly went downhill churning out cheap BSO's and their reputation quickly went, so now most people think of Saracen as a cheap cycle manufacturer. They were also swallowed up by madison cycles in the 90's who own a number of cheap brands.

Woops, am i only allowed 1 pic then :?: JV, Delete as you see fit please ;) Sorry :oops: Not done this before

heathy":pb9rr7qy said:
Woops, am i only allowed 1 pic then :?: JV, Delete as you see fit please ;) Sorry :oops: Not done this before

2 for nominations but i was only jesting, don't think anyones that bothered :cool:

big.eck":onwioogk said:
GoldenEraMTB":onwioogk said:
just for reference, what american brand would be the equivalent?

prob a wallmart special :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

good question actually :?

oh no a botm walmart special :LOL: :LOL:

but seriously, so perhaps Mongoose?

that pepto pink one is kinda cool

They were also swallowed up by madison cycles in the 90's who own a number of cheap brands.

Wot? Madison bought Saracen about eighteen months ago. Unless my calendar's badly broken, that wasn't the 90s ;-)

That Kili Flyer is ace :-D

One of my three! Chose this one for a number of reasons - not the better of the two in mtb mode, but the older/more retro and is more in keeping with the spirit of the Forum I think - having bought most of the bits here! It's a white, red and blue theme (not for any rabid nationalistic sentiment, just that I had a white frame as a starting point!).

K2FS.jpg

K2FS5.jpg

Having scored a nil points with my Jamis last month - just ONE sympathy vote would be very gratefully received!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back