The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking to see how much my 1996/97 24speed GT Avalanche is worth......

It has XT Front and Rear mech's, XT chainset (with new BB), XT V'brakes and levers, gripshift but i do have XT shifters which i might chuck in, think the frames either 18" or 20", the frame is in good condition for its age, the fame could do with a polish, rear LX hub, alivio front, i fiitted new brake pads and rear brake cable, specialized tyres with loads of tread, rock shox judys, bar ends, daves chain device, rear U brake, id like to see it go whole dont really wanna split it....Or may even swap it for another retro ride..........

Cheers

Attachments

• gt_209.jpg
    gt_209.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,078
Need more for my Marin build so found these in the shed but don't know what they are worth.
_MG_3568.jpg

_MG_3571.jpg

Suntour XC Pro cranks 175mm

_MG_3569.jpg

_MG_3570.jpg

Z2's from 96 I think

Skeelsie":2t4try6d said:
I've got an 18" 1997 Kona Kula frame only.

Serial H6H00397

Its had a recent powder coat in orange but needs proper decals, has tiny amount of chain-suck on the powder coat.

No dents or cracks, Easton Elite alloy, 18", still has its UN-52 in the BB shell, very light frame.

Has anyone got a rough idea of price, Kula's seem to be forgotten about really. They used to come with lots of XTR and £1600 price tags.

Any ideas on this one, sorry for the bump.

Kona World tech reckons it's early 1997.

Attachments

• DSCF6659 copy.jpg
    DSCF6659 copy.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,038
I've got a 1999 (i think) Kona Kileaua, size 18", centre to centre made from Reynolds 653 in a mustard colour.

Ideas of value for the frame only?

My Bonty and Rocky Hammer

Im thinking of putting both these up for grabs !!

Can any of you guys shed some light on what you think they might be worth ! (Seperately of course )

The Bontrager 'OR' has black XT throughout. very well restored !!

The Rocky Mountain Hammer has DX throughout, again in great condition !! Garage Queens almost :)

Cheers guys

Del

Attachments

• 20042009550.jpg
    20042009550.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,327
delboy, those are two nice bikes. The RM will get you more as a complete bike, but I can't say how much.

The Bonty will get you more parted out. The frame should bring you around $200 to $300 usd. The parts a good amount sold piece by piece. All together, you should get back something in the range of $500 to $600; complete, if you find the right buyer, you might do the same.

I love how you polished the m730 crankset, and would be very interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back