Steve Potts Cross Country Racer Restoration

I like the simple straight orward lines on that. Could you do me a favour and explain what goes on under the bottom bracket. Are there two little braze ons under the shell?

Ta.

cats pyjamas and the mutts nuts as well

love the bike and the resto top marks- way cool, indeed to cool for school :cool:

bushpig":3lrky2vv said:
I threw a bid at a kind of beat looking Cross Country Racer that was on eBay while ago, guessing that it was in nicer condition than it looked. I was a little surprised to get the bike for $480. The paint, cool in its time, was faded and worked and there was a fair amount of surface rust. I had the bike stripped and powdercoated, in pink, as an homage to Jacquie Phelan's rockin' Phoenix. I had an extra Type II fork kicking around so I swapped that out. Final touches included a more period correct seatpost (though it is two years too new), a WTB shim for the WTB bar and a Salsa stem. Also put on some WTB grips and some Timbuk II tires from FirstFlight Bikes. I think it turned out pretty nice!

potts-ccr-old.jpg

potts-ccr-new.jpg

He who dares Rodney, he who dares.

Certainly a great price. Who did the powder and decals for you? Assume none of the rest was terminal. Think the bike about pulls off pink too, good work.

Back