Coolwall - Marin

Marin - Cool or Uncool?

• Cool

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
This is quite a close vote. Could go either way.

For what it's worth I think they were up there late 80s/early 90s, notably with the high end steel and ti offerings. Sometime mid 90s they seemed to lose the plot a little. Although their full sussers were very popular and supposedly quite good going from reviews...

John":3pbpie1j said:
This is quite a close vote. Could go either way.

For what it's worth I think they were up there late 80s/early 90s, notably with the high end steel and ti offerings. Sometime mid 90s they seemed to lose the plot a little. Although their full sussers were very popular and supposedly quite good going from reviews...

The manitou design??? :D

I voted GT uncool...perhaps I should not have done that. There is no way I can vote this brand cool after that. Oh well.

Interesting results so far, for me cool then not so much now. They were quite stylish in the gamut of garishness, whereas now that stylishness is just a tad boring. Since its retrobike I'm not including anything modern in my opinion(?pre 97). Vote = uncool. And like GT there are always exceptions.

i think they have some cool models, but as a whole the brand doesn't do it for me. never wanted one, don't think i ever will. but i almost bought a Team Ti, but only because it was Ti. too bad it wasn't my size. maybe if it did, it would have swayed my vote since i'd own one and have to vote cool! :LOL:

cool, but barely. I remember being inspired as a teenager by Paul Lasenby lapping (seemingly) the whole field of southern races in the 90's on his Ti Marin...

however I would love to see the cool wall vote on this
Benandemu wrote:
I may off point here, but exactly when was mountain biking cool?

John's idea for a future vote on this is a good one, no?

Uncool by miles.

BITD when all was well in the world, my mate had a 94 Indian Fire Trail and I thought it was the best bike ever made. I lusted after the mid range Nail Trail, when my budget was more Hawk Hill. Then it started to go wrong sometime in the mid-late 90's and now deeply uncool. A fair barometer is how many people you see putting them in readers bikes- Marins moderately rare, Konas ten a penny.

Not as uncool as Trek, less cool than GT.

:D

Wow. I just can't believe that Marin is headed to the cool wall. :roll: What's next, Balance?!? :LOL:

Maybe a simple majority vote isn't the way to do it...seems too easy for 'pretty good I guess' to pass for 'cool'. You'll have to start a "No Really, this time we mean COOL Wall" :LOL:

Back