1994 Litespeed Obed Build

ratbane

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
OK. Some of you will know this frame by now. I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to sell at a reasonable price, so am starting a build. I will document the build on a reasonable regular basis. I don't anticipate completion before the end of May (due to cash flow issues).

It will have 80mm Zocchi Z2s up front, and hopefully a full 8sp XTR component set.

Now, I'm interested to find out if anyone has successfully fitted disk tabs to such a Ti frame, or indeed if it is complete sacrilege to do so?

Attachments

• 16-11c.JPG
    16-11c.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,092
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,092
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 2,092
If you are contemplating a disc tab these guys are worth a shout....http://www.enigmabikes.com/index.html work seems to be very good considering the complexities of working with Ti.

Seem good value for money too.

Failing that an adapter? I have an AtoZ one that works fine with my flat ti dropouts on my Hei Hei.

Not mine but you get the idea:

2565045493_aeff510375_b.jpg

letmetalktomark":18q9dtos said:
If you are contemplating a disc tab these guys are worth a shout....http://www.enigmabikes.com/index.html work seems to be very good considering the complexities of working with Ti.

Seem good value for money too.

Failing that an adapter? I have an AtoZ one that works fine with my flat ti dropouts on my Hei Hei.

Not mine but you get the idea:

2565045493_aeff510375_b.jpg

A while ago, I had a quote from someone who was recommended to me for Ti disk tabs. It came in at £90. That included a brace stiffener.

There is a chap called Vernon Barker that does Ti repairs - heard mixed opinions about the quality/attention to detail.

letmetalktomark":32dzhql1 said:
There is a chap called Vernon Barker that does Ti repairs - heard mixed opinions about the quality/attention to detail.

That was him.

I've asked enigma for some prices, so we'll see where they fall in.

BTW. How do you get your photos that size. I always save as webpage in Windows viewer, and end up with the little ones you can see above?

Re: ...

ratbane":1su2kmv0 said:
BTW. How do you get your photos that size. I always save as webpage in Windows viewer, and end up with the little ones you can see above?

They are either hosted using photobucket (others available) or I link from the URL eg:

b]

MarkLG":325fm50i said:
You've changed your mind about selling it then?

Yes. It was sold to a forum member back in October, and he let me down badly, as others wanted it at the time. Since then (maybe due to xmas, and the fact that the others had moved onto other purchases), interest was low. Ebay failed too (though I'm glad about that, as I'd have rathered it go to an RBer.

So I'm going to do the proper thing and sort a nice build. Whether I will keep the Obed, or the Explosif after that build remains to be seen, as I probably won't keep both at the end of the summer.

I'm waiting on a disk tab quote, though the Ti guys tell me that the kinked stay Litespeeds can be difficult to sort that way.

Got a price for those of you who may be interested.

The snake stay models take much more filing etc, and thus the cost for fitting tabs, and a stay is roughly £200.

Lot of money.

Back