Callamity!

messiah

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Yesterdays ride was a bit of a disaster, but it could have been much worse...

I snapped the 1" Ahead steerer on my Pace RC35 forks.

Luckily it happened on a climb as I wheelied over a root - had it happened five minutes before on the rocky DH It could have been far worse.

Damage to bike is zero other than the steerer snapped - damage to me is small hole in leg from where jagged edge of steerer dug in as , and grazes to the other leg from where I ended up rolling on the ground.

as you say, gotta be glad it wasn't 5 mins earlier. Bummer though.

:cry:

old stuff huh? Who'd use old stuff on their bike? :LOL: I presume you can still replace it from Pace themselves?

Old bike kit indeed.

Part of the problem is not knowing the history - I bought the steel steerer second hand and it looked okay when I installed it, but on closer inspection of the damage I can see corrosion and it's pretty obvios where it started.

I don't have a "take-it-easy" mode so all my rides are a "balls-out-blast", even my 15mile commute.

Scant is right - I think I'll be moving them on and running something I'm a bit happier with.

"Balls-out-blast" now there is a good visual. Kinda like "Jerk-assin-around" if you actually saw it in the flesh.
Couple of Pace steerers also on the bay right now....Thats if you dont like me seem to have a monthly direct debit set up with Jez of course.

Back