The Ultimate...

P1000623.jpg

The Team Titanium...

P1000425.jpg

Next to its Merlin cousin...

DSC01077.jpg

The Eldridge Grade...

P1000642.jpg

The Palisades Trail, now a single speed project...

DSC01458.jpg

Amp Research might be cool...

Sorry about small pic... but this was one of mine Marins :)

Attachments

• marinindian2.jpg
    marinindian2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,626
Uncool

Not 100% sure why but not bikes I wanted to own BITD...not saying they're no good but just lacking something

DA-EVO":8e3lgzw6 said:
..... Always seemed too cramped - not sure if thats just the stems or the geometry or what.

What era of Marins are you referencing? Just wondering if its later ones because the early 90's Marins had huge toptubes, so I don't know how you found it cramped. My 1993 19" Team Marin has a toptube length of 23.2" you can see the difference with the same size 19" Parkpre which has a fairly stretched ride too.

SNC12879.JPG

SNC12880.JPG

Easy_Rider":390a4zv5 said:
DA-EVO":390a4zv5 said:
..... Always seemed too cramped - not sure if thats just the stems or the geometry or what.

What era of Marins are you referencing? Just wondering if its later ones because the early 90's Marins had huge toptubes, so I don't know how you found it cramped. My 1993 19" Team Marin has a toptube length of 23.2" you can see the difference with the same size 19" Parkpre which has a fairly stretched ride too.

I don't know why I remembered them as cramped. I borrowed both of them for a day. I will try and find the size out next week - I think the bike I rebuilt is in the office. I see what you are saying from the picture though, perhaps it is just my memory of it all. I will check on the models too as I am no expert on the years of them. :)

They would change the geometry for race and sport bikes. The sport ones are awful if you are used to race bikes.
Concentrate on Eldridge and above for the best of Marin.

i believe in fixies":55rm9w2q said:
WD Pro":55rm9w2q said:
Love em or hate them - a lot of old / steel / retro ones are still going strong :)

Likewise there are a lot of old, steel Raleighs out there still going strong and we all know what the voting decided there.

I know ! Hence the second part of my statement ;-) :

WD Pro":55rm9w2q said:
Love em or hate them - a lot of old / steel / retro ones are still going strong :) Not sure if that makes them cool though, perhaps if they were a bit more brittle ... :LOL:

WD :)

Back