Coolwall - Marin

Marin - Cool or Uncool?

• Cool

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Not cool for me. They look like they ride well and look nice nice enough too, but they just don't do enough for me. Too middle of the road i'm afraid.

Marin have never really "done it" for me. The early ones were functional bits of kit, but I never lusted after them BITD. Late 90's onwards they pretty summed up what I disliked about modern bike design, so I'm afraid, uncool.

WD Pro":29xtdzt8 said:
Love em or hate them - a lot of old / steel / retro ones are still going strong :)

Likewise there are a lot of old, steel Raleighs out there still going strong and we all know what the voting decided there.

I had to vote cool, I had an old Marin Shoreline Trail with a 13.5" frame and it looked great, very compact and rode better than my 1300 pound Kona :eek: still regretting selling it.

Not cool for me, I agree with the removing stickers quote. Nice bikes, well built, but just not that wow factor that would make you want one over everything else.

I have ridden them a few times. Once I borrowed one to bike up some dust trails in spain (lovely day) but it was a pig to ride. I also rebuilt one (spokes up) for a colleague recently, but even that failed to inspire me after giving it a test run. Always seemed too cramped - not sure if thats just the stems or the geometry or what.

Back