The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critical Racing Canti's

My mate has a set of purple Critical Racing on his old Kona which is rotting in his old man's shed. He's completely lost interest in bikes and he has no idea that these kind of parts are quite sought after these days. He's also got a set of middleburn cranks with a purple spider on there but without looking at it again I can't say what model. He's agreed to sell me both brakes and cranks.

I don't want to be deceitful to him and give him a fiver for it all because he's an old mate so how much should I offer him? I've tried searching the for sale section for sold prices but I've not had much luck.

Cheers!

Hi Folks

Thinking of selling my Kona Explosif, owned since new from about 1993 but not 100% sure but someone will soon tell the exact year. please :)

It's pretty much totally as it left the shop apart from the x-lite bar ends, brake extenders and a Nightlight dual headlight (not in the pic)

In very good condition as you can tell from the pic

Anyone know roughly how much it's worth ?

Cheers Simon

Attachments

• explosif1.JPG
    explosif1.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,223
SimonL":3iwtdnj2 said:
Hi Folks

Thinking of selling my Kona Explosif, owned since new from about 1993 but not 100% sure but someone will soon tell the exact year. please :)

It's pretty much totally as it left the shop apart from the x-lite bar ends, brake extenders and a Nightlight dual headlight (not in the pic)

Cheers Simon

if it's as good as it looks, definitely over 200. cqnt say exactly how much, they fluctuate a lot

if it's as good as it looks, definitely over 200. cqnt say exactly how much, they fluctuate a lot[/quote]

On prevoius threads people have wanted £200 just for an explosif frame ???

SimonL":zpstb9nt said:

if it's as good as it looks, definitely over 200. cqnt say exactly how much, they fluctuate a lot

On prevoius threads people have wanted £200 just for an explosif frame ???[/quote]

They fluctuate a lot.

To give you a better value you need to give more information. What size is it? What tubing is the frame made out of? There will be a sticker on the seat tube. What make and model are the components? Front and rear mechs, shifters, hubs, brakes and levers etc etc etc. If you're not sure or can't read it off them then take a few more pics and post them up.

You'll find it's worth more stripped for parts and sold off individualy rather than a complete bike too.

Ultimately if you want to know how much it's worth, list it well on ebay at a 99p start with no reserve, whatever it sells for, well that's what it's worth at that time. You'll get a better price on ebay if you offer postage rather than collection only.

SimonL":12ofk701 said:
Hi Folks

Cheers Simon

Whats that device bolted onto the front caliper? A massive brake booster of some sort of bike lock?

:shock: Just seen the state of the rear mech in that pic Simon, methinks you may need a sliiiiightly longer chain if you want to run big ring on the front and bigest on the back.

LTS DH

Just finished building up this LTS DH but got a bit carried away and may have to get rid immediately as it cost a little more than expected :( Anyone care to pick a figure for it?

lts.jpg

I've had the frame totally stripped, powder coated and new bearings fitted. The whole lot's in full working order and excellent condition. I know the chainstay's at a ridiculous angle in this photo - think the photo's tilted, as it's nowhere near that in real life.

Full spec is:
Frame: GT LTS-DH (2000)
Rear shock: Rockshox Super Deluxe

Fork: Marzocchi Junior T 170mm (2003?)

Headset: FSA Orbit
Stem: Marzocchi integrated
Handlebar: Azonic
Grips: GT
Barends: Hope bar plugs

Brakes: Hope M4
Brake Levers: Hope

Shifters: Deore 9sp
Rear Derailleur: XTR
Derailleur Cables: Gore Ride-on sealed
Cassette: SRAM 9sp
Chain: SRAM 9sp
Cranks: Race Face DH forged
Chainrings: FSA
Chainring bolts: Race Face
Chain guide: AC
Pedals: Shimano DX SPDs

Hub Skewers: Hope
Rims: D521
Hubs: XT front / FUNN rear
Tyres: Tioga Factory DH 2.1 F&R

Saddle: Titec Berserkr DH
Seatpost: System-ex
Seatpost Binder: Hope

Not sure what to ask for this pone :

Kilauea 1991 I think . has been respayed in silver/grey .

will sell with seat post , NOS stronglight headset, bb, front mech and seat collar .

Attachments

• P1010144.JPG
    P1010144.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back