My Home Toon Trails, Sat 2nd Jan 11am

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
OK I know this is VERY short notice but ZZ and I are going to ride the trails around my home toon of Loanhead tomorrow Saturday 2nd January from 11am. The trails are rideable and not too slippy and give instant grin factor.

Should any of you be able to down tools and pop over for a wee ride, then punch my postcode EH20 9AJ into google maps and home in on number 130.

I can provide, tea and coffee plus post ride hot showers as it blooming freezing oot there.

Cheers

Velo

a canny make it , jules isnt very well so am letting her sleep tomorow whilst mucking around wi the bairns :LOL:

have a good time.......... :D :D :D

Twas fantastic on the snow bound trails and ZZ agrees. Really should get you guys out on my trails once the snow has gone. I have a 16 mile circuit worked out, 80% off road, admittedly no harder than blue green grade but a good run with great scenery.

That was great, just what I needed!

Snow not too slippy, so we were moving at a respectable clip (well Velo certainly was). He's got some nice trails through his local woods, and I definitely agree, has the makings of a very good day out once the weather returns to Siberia. A good mix of riding ranging from flat out avoid the trees fast as you can, to some slow and quite technical stuff - roots, rocks and off camber. Good woods, quite open and sparse, so a lot of the time you can see where the trail is going and plan accordingly.

A slow puncture on the iDrivel and what felt like the start of a blizzard stopped play a bit early, but I think we probably got a good hour and a half in. Finished the ride off with a cuppa chez Velo, although the home made fairy cakes didn't materialise :(

RobMac":384683y7 said:
Zizag ................ fairy cakes

"HARDCORE" ;)
Aye, believe it. Knowing the way I ride, I think velo got them in especially for me. I'll make up for missing out by having some mince for my tea though. :D

Back