2003 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70

Thanks guys! ;)

Well the cobalts are super expensive, I can't justify 1k on them, so most likely that will never happen. I do want to swap the brakes on the bike eventually still.

Here's a shot with the fourth black stem that just arrived, as well as the white one that i swapped off the ETSX.

Attachments

• IMG_2304.JPG
    IMG_2304.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 3,189
The silver Deus looks good, a bit of a design classic really. Now all you need is a silver Air Alloy and it'll look almost retro!

The only RF part I don't like is the XY post, just a personal thing but to me that's the ugliest post ever made and your original RM post was sooo much nicer. Looked like the one on my Element actually.

Interesting that Thorpie didn't like the ride of his. I notice that you have just about zero bb drop, which I believe is what it ought to be, whereas he had a definite negative drop, suggesting a longer fork. If the fork was longer than the frame was designed for, that could have contributed to it not turning out to his liking perhaps.

I have to say the rear suspension always looks flimsy to me, especially laterally, but I expect you'll say it's as stiff as a stiff thing, is it?

Anthony, the fork that came as standard on my ETSX 70 was a Fox TALAS which goes up to 140mm of travel. I found that even with a 17 inch frame I was still struggling to reach the floor, it felt really high off the ground. Having never ridden full suspension before I just found it to be a bit of a handfull. That said the quality was excellent and I would certainly recommend Rocky Mountain bikes to anyone, just try before you buy!

@ Anthony
I like the XY post. In fact I own three of them! :oops:

@ Thorpie.
Wow that's a lot of travel, no wonder it looks so prompt up in the front. Did you ever try to lower the front and rear suspension to the minimums (110mm front and 4" rear?)

My front is a F100 with 100mm of travel in the front and the rear is 3.5-4.5" which I usually keep at 4".

added a blue flite gel saddle thanks to cce… looks the biz on the ETSX-70! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3625.JPG
    IMG_3625.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 2,984
  • IMG_3624.JPG
    IMG_3624.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 2,984
Decided to upgrade the brakes/rotors finally! :D

Attachments

• IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 2,478
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 2,478
  • IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 2,478
;) more…

Attachments

• IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 2,477
  • IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 2,477
  • IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,477
  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,477
couldn't tell ya from rolling the bike around in the house. :LOL: plus i need to burn-in the new rotors/pads which i don't think is gonna happen till spring. can i do proper burn-in in cold winter weather? :?

it's cold and snowing here and i haven't done any riding for maybe a month or so now from the weather and just being busy. it has been a bit rainy and wet up this point too.

i'm hoping the snow will stop and i can put on winter gear to get some riding to/from work this week or next.

they definitely look much better than what i had on there before, and they're maybe 100-200g lighter. :D

Latest posts

Back