employment law

Hi. Contact either BERR or even better ACAS they are really approachable. I also believe if you don't sign it they can still take it as signed. You need to act asap goodluck

Easy_Rider":14g4kbt2 said:
llamedos":14g4kbt2 said:
velomaniac":14g4kbt2 said:
Ordinarily not a Union fan, took me 7 years to join the one I'm with now, but I reckon join a Union if you can and get them involved ;)

Union = broken pencil

Pointless

Filled with self serving twats
But that's my point of view

Unions looking after the injustice of certain individuals, great, but usually they just destroy the industry they represent through unrealistic goals and greed.

Unions that work with management are brilliant. Peter Sellers in 'I'm alright Jack' style union bods only serve to destroy the companies in which they pretend to work.

they can change your contract subject to given you sufficient notice, dont sign, and you effectively saying i resign

Ive been in similar situations before, after we changed companies, they all gave us a new contract to sign, to make us work 30 min longer a day, for no extra pay, 2 months later, and those who hadnt signed, didnt have jobs anymore.

but another company, when we were bought in line with the parent company, we signed a contract saying to work 30 min less a day, but loose one days holiday a year instead, swings and roundabouts,

talking of which, ill be moved across to a new company 1st of april, (if havent been laid of by then) and then it will be a whole new ball game

llamedos":1iw622lt said:
velomaniac":1iw622lt said:
Ordinarily not a Union fan, took me 7 years to join the one I'm with now, but I reckon join a Union if you can and get them involved ;)

Union = broken pencil

Pointless

Filled with self serving twats
But that's my point of view

Guess I must be a self serving twat then.

Back on topic, If you sign the new contract you're stuffed. You can refuse to sign it then keep working under protest. Keep letters, emails etc then you could take them to an ET.

If they issue you a 90 day notice then they are basically sacking you then re-employing you. Once again you can go down the legal route.

Even though we're self serving twats if you were in a Union they would be able to deal with this for you and offer advice. South Yorks Fire Service recently tried to change the contracts of most of the workforce without agreement. A group of self serving twats worked night and day (for free) to protect there work mates and after much pain managed to get management back round the table with the threat of imposition lifted for now. I don't think they are classed as broken pencils round South Yorkshire way. ;)

Back