Finally I buy my first ever Klein (1998!! Attitude Comp)

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After lusting after a Klein for the past 18years, I finally managed to track a (reasonably modern - so post-Trek) Attitude Comp down, and bought it this week. A couple of my friends had the real McCoy BITD (in team colours - green/white/pink) and I've wanted one ever since.

Been out on it for the first time today, and what can I say???.......

Bloody helly it was nice. Unbelievably light weight, fantastic handling and acceleration, the wait was well and truly worth it, IMO. It's starting to get dark now (cos I had that much fun) but I've attached a pic from the last owner's sale thread (hope he doesn't mind?? :) )

I'd like more information on it, from the Klein experts on here, like colour scheme etc. and I'm guessing it's a 2003 MY, but would love to know for sure.

I know it's not exactly an original Klein from Mr. Klein himself, but that doesn't stop being extremely happy with it!!

Steve

Attachments

• PICT0397.jpg
    PICT0397.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 7,744
From another angle:
PICT0395.jpg

I like it :) the cables on the outside make me cry a little bit inside, but they are boatloads more convenient and you can run maguras easy.....

I am glad you finally got the bicycle you have lusted after and love it! Now all you have to do is get it all muddy and snowy and nasty and take some trail pictures

I think its older than 2003 as they only produced frames for 1 year with external cables, reckon it was about 1999, the colour might be Azure Blue.

Cheers for that,

do you have any pics of your 2003 attitude comp? For reference?
Steve

Not mine but same year/model/colour, top tube is well oversized and almost oval, doesn't have internal routing for the rear brake as it has a disc mount on the rear stay.

Heres my 2001 Attitude, all internal cable routing but no rear disc mount, yours is older than this one.

Attachments

• JAttitude2001.jpg
    JAttitude2001.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 7,640
Cheers for the help, though it's made me more confused :? :?

For reference, mine has all external cable routing (yuk :oops: ) and a disk mount on the rear stays, too.

Where might I find the serial numbers? that might help me even more....

Steve

GT-Steve":bdtnzwac said:
Cheers for the help, though it's made me more confused :? :?

For reference, mine has all external cable routing (yuk :oops: ) and a disk mount on the rear stays, too.

Where might I find the serial numbers? that might help me even more....

Steve

:LOL: thats confused me as well, serial no. should be stamped in the b/b area.

Pretty sure it's about a '99.

Colour is 'Big Sky Blue' (IIRC).

My '00 BSB had internal cable routing but same decals and colour.

Latest posts

Back